IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, June 15, 2003

June 14, 2003

Want you to meet the family that’s
known as The Real McCoys. From West Virginee they
came to stay in sunny Californiay.
Ol’ Grand pappy Amos and the
girls and boys of the family known as The Real McCoys.

The Real McCoys (The Song to The Real McCoys), Words and Music by Harry Rush, @1958 by Bregman, Vocco & Conn, Inc., Copyright Renewed and Assigned 1986 to Harry Ruby Music, Administered by the Songwriters Guild of America



Today, I went to the movies to avoid the heat. When I made my weekly trek down to Lexington Market to buy my weekly supply of fruit, I was shocked. Yes, shocked to learn that according to an announcer on WYPR that it was already 89’ outside at 11 AM. One though came to mind and that was that if it was already 89’ so early in the morning it could only get hotter. My only choice of recourse was to make an executive decision. My decision was to go to the movies.



I didn’t really care too much what movie I saw. Right now there is no must see movies playing. There are just three movies that I have a vague interest in seeing, Bend It Like Beckham, The Italian Job, and Bruce Almighty.



I want to see Bend it Like Beckham because it’s gotten rave reviews and I have an interest in movies about cultural differences. Besides, I don’t know too much about Pakistani people, despite having a lot of Pakistani co-workers and classmates in college.



I have an interest in seeing The Italian Job again. because of the reviews. I also want to see it because of the cast. I’m curious to see what Mos Def does with his role. My interest in him began with his starring role in the Pulitzer Prize winning Broadway play, Top Dog/Underdog. Also I like Ed Norton. I feel he’s a very talented actor. I’ve seen him in a number of movies and have never been disappointed by his performance. My only gripe about Norton is his insistence that he’s from Baltimore. Norton is from Columbia, Maryland, the suburbs, albeit a very nice affluent one. The only drawback for me about seeing the movie was Marky Mark Wahlberg. I have never really liked Marky Mark Wahlberg. I’m still angry at him because of the racist comments he made to one of his black bodyguard during the filming of Planet of the Apes. I still do not understand why he was ever chosen to be a Calvin Klein model. He looks very plain and ordinary. Heck, to further emphasize it Wahlberg looks like he’s from Baltimore.



I want to see Bruce Almighty because it’s in the Top 5 grossing movies for last week. Ok, ok the real reason is because I’m a closeted Jim Carrey fan. I will never, I say NEVER admit this to anyone in my life. I feel so ashamed for admitting that Jim Carey makes me laugh. It feels so out of character for me a vegetarian, NPR listening, Ralph Nader voting, tree hugging hippie to admit. I’ve based my entire life on being unique, following the road less traveled. My personal motto has been that if 1 Million Elvis fans like it then avoid it at all costs.



The movie I ended up seeing today was The Italian Job.The main number one reason I went to see this movie was because of Ed Norton, Mos Def, and Seth Green. I also was surprised by Chalize Theron in the movie.



As usual Ed Norton pulled in a stellar performance. I was absolutely stunned to find out during a plot twist that he was the villain. I got to say he had me convinced that he was a ruthless killer. Mos Def’s character was barely there. I wish he had more lines. Seth Green played a computer hacker. I would hardly call Green’s character a major acting stretch for him. Charlize Theron also was better than expected. I’ve never seen a movie with Theron in it. All I know about her is that she appears in a lot of glossy magazines wearing really nice clothes and showing off her body. I was surprised that she could actually act. However, I still vehemently hate Marky Mark Wahlberg.



Todays writing prompt is to reread one of your favorite books then write a poem from one of the character’s point of view.


link | posted by gail at 12:33 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com