IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, June 22, 2003

June 22, 2003

Blue night and you
alone with me, my heart has
never known such ecstasy
Am I on earth?
Am I in Heaven? Can it be the trees that
fill the breeze with rare and magic perfume? Oh
no it isn’t the trees, it’s love in bloom!
Can it be the spring that seems to bring the
stars right into my room? Oh no, it isn’t the
spring, it’s love in bloom.
My heart was a desert, you planted a seed,
and this is the flower; this hour of sweet fulfillment!
It is all a dream, the joy supreme that came to us in the
gloom? You know it isn’t a dream, it’s
love in bloom

Love in Bloom (Theme Song to the Jack Benny Show), words and music by Leo Robin and Ralph Rainger, @1934 (Renewed 1961) by Famous Music Corporation



Today, I mostly just looked up markets for educational children’s books. One thing I’ve noticed is that the children’s book publishing world is very small. The 2003 Children’s Writer’s & Illustrators Market book has a listing of only 800+ markets. I had 500 postcards made to be used as samples. When I look in the book I noticed that some companies only want to deal with artist who have agents, or client list’s, and brochures. I may have to cull leads from my 2002 Artist’s & Graphic Designer’s Market. I’m not sure if this is a good idea because the book is a year old. However, the book has 2,100 listings which is more than in the Children’s Writer’s & Illustrators Market book. From the other book I think I may send out stuff to record companies. I want to do this because I noticed that a majority of the record company listings say they want you to send them postcards of your work. And, well hell, I’ve got tons of them!



I hope I don’t end out having to send my postcards as Christmas cards next year. I need 500 client leads!



Also today I started work on a play that was inspired by a listing in the 2003 Writer’s Market book. It was on page 870 amongst the listing for playwriting. It appears that my beloved Center Stage wants no... “Plays about bourgeois adultery, life in the suburbs, Amelia Earhart, Alzheimer’s, mid-life crisis, ‘wacky southerners’, fear of intimacy, Hemingway, Bible stories, backstage life, are unacceptable, as are spoofs and mysteries.” Also it lists Charlotte Standt as the resident dramaturg, I could have sworn a thousand times over that her last name is Stroud not Standt. Oh, well.....



The writing prompt for today says to make a list of words that evoke happy feelings from the reader:



Here’s my list:

sunny days..........money
sunshine..............millions
rainbows..............power
smiles..................hero
laughs..................blue skies
orgasms...............toned abs
ecstasy.................oral
tickles...................a puppy
giggles..................music
apple pie...............dance
snow days.............freedom
vacations...............The way Bob Barker says Brand New Car
free love.................ladies night
free sex..................babies
free beer.................bubbles
childhood................playground
pets.......................cats
hamsters................the ferret from that TV commercial
pizza......................ice cream
diamonds................jewelry



link | posted by gail at 9:24 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com