IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Wednesday, September 24, 2003




The above picture was done digitally using Painter. I did this one during my brief stint as a student at Towson University majoring in digital art. The guy teaching the class knew as much as the students he was teaching so I figured I could do just as good a job as he. So I left bought a Mac computer as well as art and animation software....and here I am!

I’m going to the SCBWI (Society of Children’s Books Writers and Illustrators) annual conference this year. This will be my second year in a row attending. I’m really excited about this one because author Paula Danziger (The Cat Ate My Gymsuit) will be giving the keynote address. When I was a kid I loved reading her books. Hopefully, I’ll get to meet her live and in person. Maybe I’ll see if I can find a copy of one of her books and get her to sign it for me.

This year the SCBWI conference will take place on October 25, 2003 in Arlington, Virginia. Hopefully, I will be able to drive to the conference instead of staying overnight in the DC Youth Hostel. This of course is contingent on my passing the Maryland state driver’s exam. If I end up doing a lousy job maybe I could bribe my niece or brother to take me there.

One thing’s for sure I don’t want to go back to the DC hostel and that night desk clerk from hell. I still feel to this day that the reason she was so hostile towards me was because I’m Colored. It should be noted that she was also colored.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen there are some people of color in the service industry who give lousy service to there own and top notch service to those who are not a part of there ethnic group. I found her instant attitude as soon as I entered the door of the hostel distasteful. However, the morning desk guy was a breath of fresh hair. Dreadlocks, bright and cheerful. A black guy who was warm and friendly to everyone. I wanted to hug him. I wanted to kill her... The only way I will do the Youth Hostel thing again is that I can be assured that A.) She doesn't work there anymore or B.)She won’t be working that night....


link | posted by gail at 11:21 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com