IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Tuesday, October 14, 2003

I thought I’d post the above picture after something funny I read on the Outpost Gallifrey message board. Someone suggested that Paul McGann should return to play the 8th Doctor because it would draw more females to Doctor Who conventions.

New news on my quest to own all of the 8th Doctor Big Finish audio’s. This weekend I won Sword of Orion, The Stones of Venice, Minuet in Hell, Seasons of Fear, and Neverland on eBay. Also this weekend I went out and bought my first DVD player. I got one of those region free ones so that I will be able to play PAL(Region 2 UK/Europe) and NTSC(Region 1-US/Canada) dvd’s. So now I can go out and buy the PAL region 1 dvd to the 1996 Doctor Who TV Movie and maybe even the Sylvester McCoy era episode of The Curse of Fenric.



I had a very entertaining weekend. On Friday October 10th 2003, I saw Steve Lawrence and Eydie Gorme at the Meyerhoff Symphony Hall. This concert kicked off my 2003-2004 season subscription at the symphony. This year instead of buying tickets for the Sunday matinee shows and switching them to Friday evening I thought I’d just go ahead and buy the Friday evening shows.


As I’ve said in previous posts I like going to the symphony because I like being the youngest person there. I like senior citizens because they’re not in too much of a rush and fights are not likely to break out.


The Steve and Eydie concert started off with a half hour montage of all their tv appearances. This was good for getting the audience warmed up. However, after a while it seemed like a cop out.


I guess I should say I was very eager to see the show because it was touted as being there last concert tour. The cynic in me says “Yeah right, tell it to The Eagles”.


When they finally appeared it was spectacular they are pros. I was thoroughly entertained. I laughed, I sang, tapped my foot and sang along to the familiar songs.

For the first half of the show Eydie wore a flowing white sequined gown. It was gorgeous! I wanted that gown!! The second half she wore this glittering black pants suit. It was ok but not as stunning as the white gown.

When the show let out I was not surprised to see a few young gay couples milling about among the senior citizens. I guess they came to see the old school glamour. Steve and Eydie are among the last link to old Hollywood. Seeing this show made me feel like I was a gay man trapped in the body of a straight woman.


The next day on I kicked off my Center Stage subscription. As I’ve written in a previous blog I usually get tickets for Tuesday or Wednesday evening but end up switching them for Saturday matinees. So this year my Center Stage subscription is for Saturday matinees.

The show I saw was George Bernard Shaw’s play called Misalliance. It was directed by Irene Lewis. I’ll post my review of the play tomorrow



I had a bit of trepidation about seeing the play. I thought it would be boorish and preachy. This was my experience with the last Shaw play I saw, Mrs. Warren’s Profession. I was delighted to find the play to be out and out hilarious. I’ll post my review of the play tomorrow.


link | posted by gail at 12:44 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com