IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Monday, February 23, 2004

Last night I only got about 3-4 hours of sleep. I was 5 minutes late for work and everything. I barely remember what I did at work today. So forgive me if this sounds groggy. The reason for my sleepless night was due to the fact that I under estimated the amount of time it would take me to work with my hair. If you haven't figured it out by now I’m Black. Every 2-3 weeks I re-twist my hair. Basically, my hair is locked but I like to wear it in twists. Maybe one day I’ll wear it out in it’s natural dread locked state. Anyway, I thought it would take me just an hour to twist my hair but it took well over that amount of time. I guess my hair must be in it’s growing stage. Anyway....

What was I going to write about? Ah, yes....Ralph Nader’s run for the Presidency. First off I voted for Nader in the last Presidential election. Why did I do this you ask? I wanted Nader to be able to get funding for the Green Party. Mainly, I didn't like how he was treated during the campaign. They would not let him participate in debates. Also I didn't like Gore’s attitude of running away from and avoiding being linked with one of the most successful men who has ever held office in the late 20th Century, Bill Clinton. Yes, Clinton cheated on Hillary with a pudgy intern. This action I feel did not warrant him being treated as thought he were the bogeyman? If Gore had embraced his legacy in the Clinton White house more often during his campaign I would have felt comfortable voting for him. He seemed by his actions to be agreeing with those Republicans who go on and on about how Clinton ruined America. Thus it gave me the feeling that Nader was correct when he said that the Democratic Party and the Republican Party were one in the same.

I happen to live in a solidly Democratic state. Maryland, is the land of the yellow dog Democrats. We’d rather vote for a yellow dog for President than a Republican. Ours was among the few states that wasn’t a part of the Reagan Revolution. We solidly voted against his Presidency not once but twice. So I knew going into the voting booth that Maryland was unequivocally for Gore no matter who I voted for. Therefore my vote for Nader was not in anyway a vote for that evil retarded chimp, Bush. Gore would win Maryland no matter who I voted for. Guess what ladies and gentlemen Gore won Maryland. Gore won the Presidency. Bush stole the Presidency with aide of the Republican packed Supreme Court and his brother the Governor of the People’s Banana Republic of Florida.


Second off I will not be voting for Nader during this political campaign. I won’t be doing it because I feel that the stakes are too high. I don’t won’t that idiotic chimp to stay in office any longer. He has done nothing but help his corporations oil cronies get richer and give tax breaks to the already rich. He has ensconce us in an unjust war that was started solely so that he could look good in Papa Bush’s eyes.

One word, Vietnam. I feel it highly ironic that Bush who went AWOL during his National Guard stateside service is continually pushing our servicemen and women into a war that is being fought over nothing. I have yet to see any proof of weapons of mass destruction and feel that I never will. This was a war started solely for vanities sake.


I don’t know which Democratic candidate I’ll be voting for. I suppose I’ll be voting for John Kerry. I was previously for Howard Dean until the infamous howling incident. I already hear that there are rumors around that Kerry hasn’t been fateful to his wife. Call me whatever you want but If I hear that a guy who’s running for President has been unfateful to his wife I see it as a marker that he’ll make a good President. Besides Kerry actually served in the Vietnam War so there’s no way that you could say that he has less character than Bush. He served his country while Bush ran away from it like a little punk ass bitch.


link | posted by gail at 9:52 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com