IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Wednesday, April 14, 2004 PM

My Alphasmart arrived today. I’m very excited about it’s arrival. I can now have regular updates to my blog.

I have been listening a lot to internet radio. The only place I know of is Radio 360. My favorite station is Music From The Blue Light. They mainly play music from the 40’s, 50’s and 60’s. I like to listen to it in the evening after work while I’m working on my latest afghan.

I also find myself listening to Old Time Radio a lot. My favorite internet radio station to listen to at night is WRVO in New York.

I first got into listening to old time radio as a kid when a radio show called, When Radio Was used to come on AM radio at night. It was kind of like my bedtime ritual. When Radio Was would come on at 11:00pm and go off at midnight it used to come on WITH in Baltimore. They would always air two shows.

From listening to this I became a fan of The Great Gildersleeves. I believe Gildersleeve was the first ever spin off. He was a spin off character from the Fibber McGee and Molly Show. I have to say that I prefer Gildersleeve to Fibber McGee because the pacing seems a bit more modern on his show. Also there isn’t a band on it to pad out the show. Sometimes I feel annoyed by hearing an inane song sang by some candy assed singer like you have on some old time radio shows.

I should say right about here that I own tons of MP3’s of old time radio shows. I have MP3’s of The Great Gildersleeve, Fibber McGee and Molly, Suspense, Sherlock Holmes, Boston Blackie, Jack Benny, Duffy’s Tavern, The Life of Riley, and Richard Diamond (great pacing written by comedy writing legendary Blake Edwards), Lights Out, written by Arch Obler.

When a saw a picture of Obler from the late 40’s in a Radio Spirits catalog I found it eerie. He didn't look dated he looked like he could exist today. It didn't look like a picture of a man from the 40’s. It was like whoa what year was this really taken in? I found myself wondering, “How come I can’t find much info about Obler on the web?” “Do time machines exist?” It was just creepy I can’t explain. Yea, I know the odds are against a sci-fi horror writer inventing a time machine but still that picture was awfully weird. It made me think of a series of what if’s.



link | posted by gail at 11:11 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com