IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Saturday, May 29, 2004

I saw the William Inge play, Picnic today at Center Stage on today. I was pleased to see that my new favorite stage actor, Eric Sheffer Stevens was in the play. He was in the play because one of the actors who was originally slated to appear in the play had to drop out. I wonder what happened? Was the original actor awful in the role and had to be let go? Did he get a movie or tv deal? Did he die? Anyway, the play was great. The set reminded me of the one that was used in the Rainmaker.

Saturday Unusual Occurrences:



On the way to Center Stage I ran into a wedding that was letting out. It was unusual because I know that the church is predominantly white, being that it’s in a white neighborhood, yet I noticed that the vast majority of the people coming out of the church were black. It kind of made me wonder what was going on. It turns out it was an interracial wedding that was just letting out. The bride was black and the groom was white. The majority of the bridesmaids were black all of the grooms men were white. The members of the wedding party gathered around Mount Vernon Square to take pictures. I wanted to take pictures of the family members taking pictures of the wedding party but wasn’t sure if that was ok. I wasn’t sure if anyone would pull a Sean Penn on me. You know come up to me and say in a confrontational manner, “How dare you take pictures of us taking pictures!”


Also on the way home from the theater I fell down, yet again! I hope this doesn’t turn into a monthly occurrence. Last month or month before as you can recall I had the bus incident where I fell down in the street and became a semi-cripple. One thing I have to say the sidewalk was pretty torn up where I fell down so it wasn’t entirely my fault. Both of my knees were badly skinned, my right elbow, and my right knuckles also were bruised. I have a purple bruise on my right knee along with various scars and scabs on my arms and face. I look like a domestic abuse victim. Luckily, I did not reinjure my right leg. Yaaaaaaay!!!



link | posted by gail at 12:07 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com