IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

I don’t usually watch TV much. In fact the only time I turn on the television is to watch DVD’s on Sunday. So just for the heck of it I turned on the TV last night and I watched the most funniest show I’d ever seen. I believe it’s called American Superstar or Superstar USA. What ever it’s called it was on the WB. It was like the reverse of American Idol. I admit I’ve never watched American Idol. I hear a lot of morning shows talking about it but I’ve never seen it. They never seem to announce what time it comes on, thus I’ve never seen it.

Anyway, back to the WB’s talent show. It was simply hilarious because they picked all the worst singers to go on to the finals. The judges included, Tone Loc, Vitamin C and this guy I have never seen before. My favorite line of the night was when the unknown guy said in response to one of the horrible performers, “Call 911, cause you just stole the show!” The performers were so bad it was good.

Last night I also watched a bit of The Swan. This was my first time ever watching it. It was kind of like a beauty contest. However, I didn’t watch long enough to see who won. To me all the contestants looked normal. They didn’t look as extreme looking as they say they do on morning talk radio. It just looked like a normal beauty contest.

Also, I worked a little on my vessels for the upcoming, ebsq show. I bought a small wooden box from Michael’s. I’m going to paint a design on it. So far I painted the box a bright blue color. I hopefully will be adding a design on it tomorrow. I’m also working on sculpting another vessel in polymer clay.

My future ultimate artistic goal for 2004 is to be a part of the Art Exposure Shows that are run by Ann Wiker. I tried to do it a couple of years ago. The main reason I couldn’t participate was that the forms that Ann sent me were sent to me in .doc format. My Macintosh can not read .doc formats. Recently, I went back to her web site and found that the forms were no longer in doc format but in easily down loadable pdf format. So I think I’ll give it another try.



link | posted by gail at 10:12 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com