IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Monday, May 17, 2004

This morning I got antsy waiting for the bus in the, so instead I took a cab. Why is it that the vast majority of the men who talk to me are almost always foreigners? It’s odd just when I feel like I’m invisible someone notices me, usually an African or a Caribbean. Maybe along with Australia I should consider moving over to the islands. After all, I have people somewhere in the West Indies. I’m not to keen on moving to Africa. There seems to be a lot of strife and upheavals over there.

This morning a cab driver maybe African or Caribbean chatted me up. It was interesting. He thought I was on my way to school. I do carry a back pack with me when I go to work. Inside my backpack is my umbrella, Alphasmart 3000, the current book I’m reading ( Ella Enchanted), crossword puzzle book, sketch book, markers, pens, makeup, digital camera, a 2004 date book illustrated by Shag, and my asthma inhaler. The cabby was surprised when I told him I was 34. He said I looked so young. I knew he was probably lying or something. However, I’m not sure how old I look to other people. So maybe it’s possible I look younger than 34. He however, seemed much older maybe in his mid 40’s to 50’s. I gave him my phone number but at the last minute I realized that I gave him the wrong number. I gave him instead my old number by mistake not the new one. Oh, well....



In movie news, Troy made 45.6 million over the weekend. I have to say it was a pretty good movie not exactly in the same league as Lord of the Rings but it kept me entertained never the less. I wonder if many of the people who saw it were aware of the fact that the film was based on Homer’s, Iliad. I recall learning about >The Iliad in high school. The school I went to, >Baltimore City College High School, had some kind of a weird obsession with Latin and Greek. We said the pledge of Allegiance in Latin. It was mandatory that you take Latin. So Ladies and gentlemen I was forced. Yes, FORCED TO LEARN LATIN, against my will! As a result of this I know a couple of useless Latin phrases that can never be casually worked into a conversation. Impressive, yet useless...

The only thing I remembered about the Iliad prior to seeing the movie was that it had something to do with the Trojan War. The War as I recall was started because Paris who was a Prince of Troy ran off with Helen who was the Queen of Sparta (now popularly known as Helen of Troy). The King of Sparta didn’t take to kindly to this thus a war was started over Helen of Troy. I don’t recall Achilles being mentioned in the story. All I recall about Achilles was that his mother was some kind of a Goddess. She dipped him as a baby in some river to make in invulnerable. However, his mother missed his ankles in the dipping thus his only weak spot were his ankles. At the end of the movie, Paris the ace archer boy played by Orlando Bloom aimed an arrow at Achilles ankles aka Achilles tendon and he was rendered powerless. I don’t know if I’ve said this before but Orlando really knows how to work a bow! He was an ace archer in Lord of the Rings as Legalos and now he got to reprieve his archery skills as Paris. There’s something about Orlando with that bow and arrow that makes me want to say, “Aim it baby! Aim it!!!”

On a funny side note I found my self laughing out loud on the light rail at a phony movie ad on 98 Rock’s morning show for Troy. Basically, the main message of the ad was that the only reason to see the movie was that you get to see >Brad Pitt half naked in a loin cloth! I guess I found it funny because, well that was the main reason I went to the movie!! I went to see the eye candy that is >Brad Pitt along with the current it boy, Orlando Bloom. However, as I said just yesterday,> Eric Bana stole the whole damned show! I have to say he looked absolutely scrumptious stealing it!

In work news I was on time today. Also it turns out I made incentive again. I’m not quiet sure what to make of it. I’m sure they’ll find an error or something and it will all be taken away. Anyway, hopefully, I will still have a job by the end of the week. I’m still surprised I didn’t get fired last week for being late.

Also, today, I’ll be mailing out my mail art for the Middle School Memories Project. I get all my leads for places to send mail art to from Kiyote’s web site. She or he has regular updates and add ons. I usually check there a couple of times a year usually in the spring and fall.

I still have to get frames for the artwork I’m submitting to the Sowebo Art’s Festival. I guess I’ll have to take my painting with me to the store to get a better idea of which frames and mats better suit the painting. This is what I did for my painting that’s currently on display at the Creative Alliance. Which by the way I have no idea when I have to collect it for when the show is over. Oh, well I guess I’ll have to wait for a phone call or letter to tell when I can take my painting home. I don’t want to appear to anxious by calling them up. Besides, who knows maybe odds against odds the painting actually sold?


link | posted by gail at 11:41 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com