IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, May 16, 2004

Friday, May 14, 2004

Today, I unintentionally got up an hour earlier. I didn’t realize anything was kind of wrong until I stepped out my door and walked a few blocks. I just had a vibe that something was off. It seemed darker than usual. Then I saw this man I used to get on the bus with. He smiled at me and said, “Hi, I haven’t seen you in a while!” I looked at my watch stunned to realize that I was on the bus stop at 4:45 in the morning! Just then the #20 pulled up I had a choice get on it and be extra early for work or go home. I decided to head home. I did this mainly because I was afraid that my alarm clock would go off and wake up everyone in the apartment building. Like the majority of people with alarm clocks I usually get up before it goes off and disarm it. I wasn’t quiet sure if I had disarmed it or not. I had about 15 minutes to go before it goes off at 5:00 am. When I got home I was surprised to find that I did not disarm the alarm clock. How could this happen you ask? You see none of the clocks I own have the correct time they are all set an hour ahead of time. I suppose in the fog of waking from sleep I looked up at the clock and forgot about my set up.

All was not lost I decided that it would be an excellent time to start exercising again. It has been weeks since I’ve done anything. So I popped in my
>Discover Tai Chi AM Workout with Scott Cole
tape and went through the gentle movements. My leg didn’t give me much trouble. This can be attributed to the fact the majority of the movements in Tai Chi are based on moving your arms around and keeping your legs in a semi bent position while standing. Had there been more leg movements I would have been in serious trouble.



Later in the morning on the way towards the downtown light rail station I found a lot of loose change on the ground. I have never found that much change on the ground before. I’ll count that as a good omen.



For the Sowebo Festival I think I’ll be submitting this Elvis painting I’m working on. It’s not really Elvis but it features these two Elvis impersonators. It’s primarily orange and pink, which is a color scheme that I do not normally work in. Even though I live in the neighborhood that comprises Sowerbe of I’ve never been to the festival. I think I’ll give it a try this year to see what it’s like.



I have to start working on this piece of mail art for a Middle School it’s due on the 20th. It’s about Middle School Memories. The only major thing I recall about Middle School is realizing I was different and would never fit in. I also remember being in the school band. I played the second clarinet. The band leader was Mr. Lindsey. Also in the band was Ahmed Jones, who teased me relentlessly along with his pal Zack. I wonder what ever happened to them? Where do all the bullies go?



link | posted by gail at 11:38 PM |


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 9:01 AM~  

Best regards from NY!
» » »

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com