IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Tuesday, May 04, 2004

My right leg still feels stiff. Yes, I know I've been complaining about it for close to three weeks. Maybe, one day I'll see some one about it. Then again, maybe I'm just holding out to get a handicapped designate on my license plates.

Basically, I'm just afraid how much it would cost to get it fixed. I imagine it would cost thousands of dollars in x-rays and physical therapy costs alone. If this would have happened before April 15th I would not have hesitated in getting help. I owe what feels to me a gargantuan tax bill. I'm sure to most folks reading this owing $300 in taxes is practically nothing but to me that's nearly my entire paycheck!!!!

In other news: The painting I submitted to Maryland Art Place's, Out of Order Show actually sold! So now I'm just waiting around to get my half of the check. MAP gets the other half of the check. It's a 50-50 split.

I found out it sold on Friday when I went down the gallery assuming the painting did'nt sell to pick it up. Then to my amazement the woman in the gallery told me that it sold and I just had to wait to receive payment for it. I don't know how much it sold for. One things for sure I'm plenty happy it sold. I'm so close to being a legitimate artist.

I finished my poster for the Sowebo Festival on Sunday and brought it into the Creative Alliance on Sunday. It's not black. It's primarily a girly pink and blue. It's based on an earlier painting I did called Water Woman. It's a picture of these two chubby women in pink bathing suits in the water. There are these two beach balls in the air at opposite ends of the painting. I started working on it 3am Saturday night or 3am Sunday morning depending on your point view.

The original painting is sitting on my bathroom wall. I sold another copy of it on eBay a couple of years ago. I did'nt like the copy that I sold on eBay as much as the one I have. Now I have to say that I like the new version of Water Woman even better than the original.

I finally saw my painting hanging up in the gallery at The Creative Alliance. I have to say it looks great! Looks like it was done by an actual artist!

My next goal is to get frames for some paintings to exhibit at the Sowebo Festival. The Sowebo paintings are due between May 21-23 between 12 and 6pm.


link | posted by gail at 11:33 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com