IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, May 16, 2004

As I’ve written before I don’t have air conditioning because there are bars on all the windows of my apartment. So yesterday, I decided to go to the movies. The movie I saw was >Troy. The main reason I went to the movies was to avoid the heat inside my apartment. Also how could I not see a movie with such a handsome hot cast? The movie stars Brad Pitt, Orlando Bloom, and >Eric Bana. I have to say the movie was very enjoyable. I have never seen a movie with Eric Bana in it. Last year I avoided the Hulk movie because the CGI effects looked too cartoon like. However, I got to say he gave the standout performance in Troy. His portrayal of Hector the brother of Paris who runs off with Helen was the heart and soul of the picture. Orlando Bloom portrayal of Paris aka archerboy was ok in the picture, nothing to write home about. Don't get me wrong Orlando is cute as hell but it seems he has little to do in this movie. The main action seems to be between Achilles and Hector. However, it was kind of neat to see him pick up a bow and arrow like he did in the Lord of the Rings of movies. It was also nice to to see Sean Bean in the movie as well. He gave an excellent performance as usual. He is also a fellow alumni of the LOTR movies. I have to say Brad Pitt’s performance as Achilles was outstanding and I’m not just writing that because there were numerous shots of his well toned abs, muscular arms, and a near bare butt shot. He was really outstanding with his portrayal as the arrogant and yet self loathing, Achilles. Pitt’s performance was outstanding but Bana stole the show.

An odd little side note I think I should add is that in this movie to me Eric Bana looked a little like the late country singer Eddie Rabbit. I swear I almost expected him to whip out a guitar and start singing, "I love a rainy night". Thankfully ,it never happened.

Also yesterday I went to the library to pay up my overdue library fines. The total I had to shell out was $18 in fines. While there I took out four books and a book on tape. The books I took out were; Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine,

B-More Careful
by Shannon Holmes,
> Agatha Raisin and the Curse of the Curious Curate
by M.C. Beaton, and >High Five by Janet Evanovich. The book on tape I took out was
>The Emperor of Ocean Park
by Stephen L. Carter.

I took out the Emperor of Ocean Park tape because as I understand it will be turned into a tv series next year. That’s right a tv series not a tv movie. I got B-More Careful because a couple of years back it seemed like everyone on the bus and light rail was reading that book. I’m curious about what it’s about. I got High Five because I’m a fan of the Stephanie Plum detective series and well I’m up to the fifth book. I got Agatha Raisin because I enjoy M.C. Beaton’s cozy mystery novels. I got Ella Enchanted because I wanted to see the movie and I feel reading the book is the next best thing until it comes out on DVD. I hope that I will be able to finish them all by June 5, 2004.


link | posted by gail at 11:54 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com