IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Monday, January 24, 2005

Since there was a bit of snow this weekend I took the light rail train to the shuttle bus for the first time. The reason for my change of transportation mode is that the #8 bus runs across residential streets at certain sections. Some of these streets are very narrow. I imagine that not all of these streets have been plowed.

Despite, leaving out much later than usual I was just five minutes late for work. I thought I would make it in around eight. Hmmm, I might just give this light rail to the shuttle bus business a try.

THE NEW OTL SHOW
Sadly, the Best of Out To Lunch Shows with Miles and Thrill have ended. They have installed a group of people to audition for the show. The auditioners this week are a guy named Dakota, Maynard from WQSR’s Rouse and Company Morning Show, and Josh Spiegle.

Of all the folks this week Maynard is the one I’m most familiar with. He’s practically the official jock strap carrier for Steve Rouse. Not that I think there’s anything weird or impropriatous about a young hot strapping 20something being the sidekick of an aging DJ. Maynard, generally comes off as being likable on air. I wish they would keep him for the show and throw the other two to the curve. They would of course have to find two other people for the show. I seriously doubt that he could sustain a show entirely on his own. He, doesn’t have a wild, wacky, radio personality. He’s more of a straight man or sidekick...

As far as Josh Speigel, goes I recall listening to him when he used to do the news for another morning show. First off I have to say I can’t stand the sound his voice. He over enunciates his words. He thinks he’s being funny but it comes off as annoying. I want so bad to go over to the studio and bitch slap him a couple of times. Talk Normal Dammit!!

I also briefly recall hearing Dakota as a DJ on another station. Overall, I find him annoying. I get the feeling he is auditioning for a spot on The Sports Junkies. He seems to be suffering from ADD. The only person he allows to get a word in edgewise is himself. Also I find him overbearing. He should just go back to spinning his box of records.

All in all I hope they audition more people for the spot. Listening to the show today was like listening to an on air abortion. They all lacked chemistry. They all seemed humorless and glum. They had to resort to resort to asinine tactics like having listeners call in to tell their favorite Yo Momma Jokes.

I hope that the station gets wise and hires a local comedian like Big Ben Kennedy or any other local comedian for that matter, other than Mickey Cucchiella to fill the slot. The thing I liked most about the show was that it was funny, right now it’s horrible. Bring Back the Funny!

WHAT I’M WEARING: Today, I have on blue jeans brown, leather lace ups, and a blue denim shirt and a very heavy large long blue sweater. It’s made out of a kind of fleece material. The temperature outside this morning is minus something degrees. This is my heavy duty, baby it’s cold outside, sweater.


link | posted by gail at 10:39 PM |


1 Comments:

Blogger Malnurtured Snay commented at 9:35 AM~  

Really? Spiegel is the only one of them I like.

Yesterday one of them - Dakota, I think - was trying to justify slavery by making the arguement, "Hey, if your ancestors hadn't been brought over here, you'd've been floating down a river in Rwanda!"

What a jackass.

-Malnurtured Snay

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com