IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, January 16, 2005

Yesterday, after work I spent the day at the movies I saw Finding Neverland and Ray.

I felt a little bit apprehensive when I got up to the box office to get tickets for Finding Neverland. I was apprehensive not because of the movie but the title. It’s sad that when I think I think of Neverland the specter of Michael Jackson and his child molestation charges looms heavily in my mind.

Despite the title, Finding Neverland, was a brilliant sweet little movie. Johnny Depp gave a quiet understated performance as Scottish playwright J.M. Barrie. J.M. Barrie was the man who wrote Peter Pan, hence, the once innocuous now semi-creepy title of the movie.

Oddly, enough some people believe that Barrie might have been a pedophile. I don’t feel based on the movie and historical evidence that this was true.

Personally, I feel that the reason that he hung around with the Llewellyn-Davies boys and their young widowed mother was that he and his wife had no children of their own. It was ready made situation in need of a father-like figure.

The standout performer in this movie wasFreddie Highmore. That little kid made me cry! Yes, I admit it I sometimes cry during sad scenes in movies.

Throughout the movie I was pushing back the urge to cry. It was the scene with Depp and Little Freddie on the bench that really pushed me into a full blown crying fit. The last movie I cried at was AI, before that it was ET.

Here’s hoping that Little Freddie has a long and prosperous acting career. All I know is that right now he’s probably running neck in neck with Haley Joel Osment as being one of the best actors of his generation. I understand that Depp requested that Little Freddie be put in Charlie and The Chocolate Factory....

The second movie I saw yesterday was Ray. Jamie Foxx was absolutely brilliantly fantastic in Ray. I felt as thought he was Ray Charles. I feel that he most definitely will get awards for this performance. All in all this has been the best movie I have seen this year. The acting, the music, all phenomenally superb!!

From watching the movie I was surprised to learn that Ray Charles was once a womanizing junkie. No wonder his back up group was called the Raylettes. To be in it you had to practically, “let Ray...”

It was also great to see former child actress Regina King in the movie. I’m probably the only person on the planet who remembers her from her days on tv’s 227. It’s nice to see that she has continued on with her acting career and is doing quiet well for herself. I’ve also noticed that in all the movies I’ve seen her in she tends to give rock solid performances. Her role as Margie Hendricks, Ray’s mistress, was another brilliantly seamless work from Ms. King. Go Regina!! Go!!

WHAT I’M WEARING:
Right now I have on purple ballerina slippers and a long lavender long sleeved nightgown.


link | posted by gail at 11:27 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com