IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Monday, January 10, 2005

This morning I left out the house extra early trying to catch the 5:36 bus #8 bus, instead of the 5:46 bus. As you can recall last Tuesday the 5:46 bus left at around 5:57. This made me 15 minutes late for work. I’m not sure if the bus’s lateness could be attributed to the driver’s own idiosyncrasies or if it was a fill in driver not familiar with the time schedule.

Anyway, when I arrived at the bus stop at 5:20 there was a #8 bus already pulling up to the stop. As I got on the bus I heard him mumble something.

I’m not sure if I’ve said this before but I’m slightly deaf. I admit that I wear earphones a lot to cover up that fact. It gives me an instant excuse. You know I couldn’t hear you because I was playing my tunes. Not that I couldn’t hear you because I don’t want to wear a dorky looking hearing aid.

Anyway, it took me a while to decipher that the bus driver said that the bus was heading to Stella Maris not Hunt Valley. Stella Maris is a nursing home that is no where near my job. So I got off the bus and walked up the street to the next stop mainly to keep myself warm. While waiting for the #8 Hunt Valley bus I saw a man possibly roll a joint. I was shocked because he looked very respectable. It wasn’t until he started smoking it that I realized that it was just regular tobacco. I can’t believe that there are still people in this day and age who still roll their own cigarettes. I suppose it’s a cost cutting issue. I don’t smoke but I do understand that cigarettes are very expensive to buy.

In case your wondering the 5:36 bus did eventually arrive this morning at 5:41. This isn’t to bad because it got me to work 10 minutes before start time. With the light rail I should note that I usually make it in 15 minutes before start time.

CONCERN OF THE DAY: Do I Still Have a Job?
My main concern this morning as I head in to work is whether or not I still have a job. Last week I had three scheduled days off. I’ve never taken this amount of time off from work in my entire life. I usually take just a single day off when I’m using up my vacation/personal time. The reason why I decided to batch a few days together was so that I would use up some of my vacation/personal days. I ended last year with vacation/personal days I never used. Once the year is up those days do not roll over into the new year. So this year I decided to use my vacation time instead of letting it sit there.

The main reason why I would take a single day off instead of a week is because I sometimes hear about people getting fired after they come back from long vacations. I used to sit next to this girl named Joy who got fired a couple of weeks after coming back from a long vacation. Also Maria Dennis, a Baltimore radio personality, got fired after coming back from maternity leave.

To the best of my knowledge I’ve been doing an ok job at work. I can’t recall Brian yelling at me for anything recently. The only thing I can think of that could be a target would be the occasional latenesses due to the MTA. I guess I’ll just come in today and do the best job I can.

One thing’s for sure I will be seeing the 4:30 showing of The Aviator at The Senator. I’m really looking forward to this one because Leonardo Di Caprio for the first time ever on film bares his bare ass.

WHAT I’M WEARING: I'm wearing a kelly green sweater. Underneath the sweater I have on a green plaid long sleeve cotton shirt. The pants I have on are khaki pants. The shoes I'm wearing are brown leather shoes that you have tie up. I feel comforted by these shoes. They are very generic looking. They remind me of the type of shoes my mother used to buy me.


link | posted by gail at 11:17 PM |


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 3:07 PM~  

Hey [I'm UK based]don't worry about only poor people 'rolling their own' [cigarettes]...everybody with an ounce of brain left who likes ciggies prefer the taste of real baccy and not those damned shredded polymers stuffed into white tubes with tobacco flavours added...they are so long and solid/thick you feel like yr smoking a pencil or a tampon.
Hoping to be a member of this site soon - I just happened on your rant thru a friends blog via the aspergers link.
Good Luck!!
PS.Don't ever take a long vacation if you want to keep your job - same thing can happen with yr lover too.

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com