IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Friday, December 31, 2004

I finally ranked all the cd’s I bought that came out in 2004!!! As you may or may not know I tend to buy a lot of greatest hits compilation cd’s and plain old ancient cd’s that came out many years ago.

Old cd’s I bought this year that didn’t qualify include: Nilsson(3cd’s)-Nilsson Schmilsson, Son of Schmilsson, and Greatest Hits, Fountains of Wayne-Welcome Interstate Managers, Los Lonely Boys-self titled cd, Tears For Fears-Tears Roll Down Greatest Hits (82-92), INXS(2cd’s)-Greatest Hits and Shine Like It Does Anthology, Squeeze-Singles 45’s and Under, Joy Division(2 cd’s)-Unknown Pleasures and Substance (1977-1980), The Smiths-Singles, Jesus and Mary Chain-21 Singles, Glenn Miller(2 cd’s)-Golden Great and The Popular Recordings (1938-1942), Interpol-Turn On the Bright Lights, Violent Femmes(2 cd’d)-Reissue of debut album and Add it Up (1981-1993), Harry Connick Jr.(3 cd’s)-Blue Light/ Red Light, She, and We Are In Love, Big Audio Dynamite(2 cd’s)-This is Big Audio Dynamite and Super Hits, Elvis Costello-The Very Best Of..., The Damnwells-Bastard of the Beat, Peter Cincotti-self titled cd, The Beatles-#1, Ryan Adams-Rock N Roll, The Classic Film Music of Ennio Morricone,Jay-Z-The Grey Album, and the Rushmore Soundtrack.

Compilation cd’s I bought this year include stuff covering the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s. For the 60’s I have Nuggets From Nuggets: Choice Artyfacts From The First Psychedelic Era, the 70’s(Time/Life Sounds of the 70’s Collection), and the 80’s(Time/Life Modern Rock Collection).

As you have probably guessed by now I’m an obsessive compulsive record buyer. What can I say, I love music! My father always jokes with me that I own enough music to open up my own record store. I have music from almost every genre except opera. I look at a movie like High Fidelity and I always think, "Hey, I am that guy!! Only I’m a girl...."

So, as you can imagine I really had to search through my cd’s to see what was actually released this year. The number of cd’s I own that were released in 2004 came up to 12. First off I have too say that I really like all of them for different reasons. It was extremely difficult for me to rank them. All this week I’ve been listening to them all trying to get an idea of how to put the list together. So here goes....

TOP 2004 cd’s
1. Franz Ferdinand-self titled cd
2. Marc Broussard-Carenco
3. The Killers-Hot Fuss -
4. Dean Martin Dino: The Essential Dean Martin
5. U2-How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
6. WilcoA Ghost Is Born
7. Interpol-Antics
8. Modest Mouse-Good News For People Who Like Bad News
9. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind-Original Soundtrack
10. Now That’s What I Call Music #17
11. Ray Lamontagne-Trouble
12. Air-Walkie Talkie

TOP SINGLES OF 2004

Again these are songs that I really liked listening to on the radio. To some I’m sure this is the list of the music that’s currently playing in hell.

1. Usher-Yeah!
2. Franz Ferdinand-Take Me Out
3. The Killers-Mr. Brightside
4. Terror Squad-Lean Back
5. Lil-Flip featuring Lea-Sunshine


link | posted by gail at 11:47 PM |


2 Comments:

Blogger Rodney Olsen commented at 6:13 PM~  

Good to find another Nilsson fan on-line. You seem to have very eclectic music tastes. Me too.

I enjoy Elvis Costello, Violent Femmes and a handful of the others you mentioned.

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 9:57 PM~  

Nice choice of tunes. I like :-)

kevin.zydeisland.com

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com