IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Today, is the Winter Solstice or Yule thus I took the day off.

I went to church in the evening for the Winter Solstice Ritual service they were giving. I thought I’d be the only black person there. Surprise, Surprise I wasn’t! I even saw black guys there!

As I looked around the congregation that night I wondered if they were all fellow Wiccans/Pagans or just people with nothing better to do that evening.

One thing’s for sure, I had never said Blessed Be in public before. I felt giddy saying it aloud. This is the most Pagan Wiccany thing I’d ever done in public. I think I said it along with the congregation a zillion times that night.

Also, there was this black woman that got up and read a poem. I did a double take when I saw her because she looked like this girl I went to high school with. I quickly glanced down at the program and noticed that it wasn’t her. I felt a little sad.

The kid that played Joseph in the Christmas pageant was one of the dancers in a Japanese sun goddess dance presentation they put on. He looked a little more enthusiastic than he did on Sunday.

The service neared it’s end with what else but cakes and ale. Ok, cookies and non-alcoholic wassail. They ran out of wassail by the time I went down to get some. So I just had a cookie. At the end of the service they passed out sprigs of holly that were fastened to a red ribbon. Even though the holly pricked my fingers I pinned it to my coat.

I didn’t stay around for the reception they gave after the service. Then again I never stay around for receptions after church. If I’m still going there six months from now then maybe I’ll consider the after church meet and greet....

WHAT I’M WEARING:
Right now I have on a purple flannel night gown with blue fuzzy slippers.


link | posted by gail at 10:11 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com