IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Thursday, December 16, 2004


xmas, originally uploaded by willisgirl.

The #20 bus was five minutes late this morning. Despite it’s lateness the bus got me to the light rail station on time. It appears that the train now leaves at 6:00 instead of 5:55. Either way it looks like I will be on time this morning. I still feel a bit worried about how the buses will be running for the next three weeks.

OFFICE GROUP CHRISTMAS PARTY: the gifts Yesterday, we had our annual Christmas party for our group. It seems to have gone well.

This year Cassandra, gave out little glass jars. Jai Li, gave out these candles which were enclosed in a lamp shade holder. Deborah, gave out small Avon lotions. Arvada, gave out candy cane pens.

Brian, our fear less leader, aka Scrooge, didn’t give anybody, anything. He said he hasn’t finished shopping yet. Yeah, right, Mr. Scrooge...

Despite this announcement we gave him gifts anyway. Cassandra, gave him this kick ass Baltimore Ravens blanket. It looked like it cost a fortune. Jai Li gave him a plaid wool scarf. It looked very distinguished. The group gave him a card filled with cold hard American green backs. The group each contributed $10 towards it. So he should have money now to buy us something. If not then...Oh, well....

It should be said that our group’s generosity did not stop at just our fear less leaders doorstep. We each contributed to get his boss, Dave, a new blue shirt from Hecht’s. Jai Li, also gave him a wool scarf. The scarf perfectly matches his ubiquitous cowboy boots.

Naturally, he seemed surprised that we had gotten him anything. I think this was the first year the group remembered to get him a gift for Christmas. He’s a very laid back, low key person.

I got Christmas cards this year from Lisa, Arvada, Helena, and some one I don’t know. Then again maybe I do know the person. It was signed by their last name. I have to admit I barely know the last names of all my coworkers. I just call them by their first names. Anyway, the card from the name I didn’t recognize was a boring over the top religious card. Jesus Christ! It’s Christmas Time! Lighten Up, Why Don’t Ya!

OFFICE GROUP CHRISTMAS PARTY: the food For the party we had food brought in from the Towson Delly. I had a grill cheese sandwich, french fries, cheese cake, and a fruit punch. Overall, the food was average, nothing to write home about. However, I wish we had gotten food from a ritzier upscale place.

The only person from the group who was nice enough to bring in food for the party was Deborah. She brought a carrot cake and cookies from home. I didn’t find out about it until later in the day. Sorry, to say I didn’t get a chance to sample any of it.

WHAT I’M WEARING: I have on a yellow and blue v-neck fair island knit sweater. Underneath it, I’m wearing a long sleeve denim shirt. The pants I’m wearing are blue jeans. The shoes I have on are blue suede shoes. The shoes seemed to fit with what I have on.


link | posted by gail at 10:59 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com