IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Friday, December 17, 2004


blender04, originally uploaded by willisgirl.

When I saw this I had to add it to my blog. Larry Mullen Jr., shirtless!!! Nearly all my dreams fulfilled!!! Mercy!!! What a bod!!! Ahem, back to the blog.....

The #20 was on time this morning. Hopefully the fill-in driver will also be on time for the next three weeks.

When I got on the bus the stern looking driver was again having a jovial conversation with Eric from BGE. They were both laughing about passengers who are always searching for their fare money even though they see the bus coming several blocks away. Eric, suggested that possibly it was because they hadn't waken up yet. The driver said it depends on when they wake up because she sees it throughout the day.

The light rail train was also on time this morning. The makeup monster was aboard she was doing her nails once again. Is it really necessary to polish your nails every single day? Thankfully, she will be getting off at the very next stop.

NEW CD’s: I bought three new cd’s last Saturday. I have U2’s How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb, Now That’s What I Call Music #17, and The Beatles 1.

I have been listening to U2’s new cd, How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb practically night and day since I purchased it last Saturday at Walmart. My favorite tracks on the cd include; Vertigo, Miracle Drug, Love and Peace or Else, City of Blinding Light, One Step Closer, and Original Of The Species. If I had to choose one favorite tracks on the cd it would be a toss up between City of Blinding Light and Love and Peace or Else.

Overall, I really enjoyed the cd a lot. I feel it fits in well with the other albums in U2’s legendary musical canon. I can’t think of anything else to say other than U2 rocks!

I bought Now That’s What I Call Music #17 just to get a feel for what the kids are listening to. I admit I’m black and don’t know a single thing about current hip hop/rap music. In fact my supervisor at work who’s white and lives in the county is probably more up to date on hip hop music than I am. So I thought I’d get this cd to school myself.

I found a lot of the songs that I hear blaring from cars and in my niece’s room on the cd. So I wasn’t hearing anything that was entirely new to me. The only thing new is that I can now put an artist and song title to 92Q’s current play list.

Another thing I’ve discovered from purchasing this cd is that I find that I am annoyed by the sound of J-Kwon’s voice. How on earth did he manage to get a record deal? I guess he must be blackmailing a record executive somewhere...

I bought The Beatles 1 cd because I don’t have any and this one was on sale. In the past I owned all The Beatles albums on vinyl. The cd was of course chock full of classics. It’s the legendary Beatles what do you expect?

NEW CD’s I WANT: Cd’s I want to buy include, The Killers, Hot Fuss cd, Death Cab for Cutie’s, Transatlanticism cd, and Franz Ferdinand’s self titled Franz Ferdinand cd.

I first heard The Killers on WHFS last Saturday. I was completely blown away by their Mr. Brightside single. It sounded completely new and original. Hearing The Killers on HFS was completely refreshing. HFS tends to play the same songs over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Hearing that song made me realize for the first time that WTMD plays safe music that everyone can agree on. It’s new music that’s destined to be played on a soccer mom station. Sure, the music is new but it never really rocks.

Yesterday, I noticed that WTMD, during Stephan’s morning show added The Killers, Mr. Brightside single to there play list. I think they only did this because the album was nominated for a Grammy. Who would have ever thought that HFS would scoop WTMD on new music?

I want the Franz Ferdinand cd because I really like there, Take Me Out, single.

Also, I understand that they were named the best band in Britain by UK’s New Musical Express magazine.. I have a feeling that I would really enjoy there cd if Take Me Out is any indication of what the other songs are like.

I also have to say that I’ve tried for many weeks on eBay to score the cd but keep getting outbid. It reminds me of the times I tried to buy Linkin Park’s cd on eBay. In the end I had to go to the store.

I want Death Cab For Cutie because I’m curious about what they sound like. Almost every time I search for a cd on Amazon.com’s site there name comes up as a musical artist I might be interested in. WTMD just this week added one of there songs to there play list. I recall hearing it on Stephan’s morning show. It sounded eerily enough like something I might be interested in. How does Amazon.com do it?

WHAT I’M WEARING: Today I’m wearing a green and white marble knit sweater with a mock blue turtleneck underneath along with blue slacks and brown lace up shoes. Yes, I'm wearing slacks and it's not even business casual day at work.


link | posted by gail at 1:37 PM |


1 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous Poet commented at 2:21 PM~  

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com