IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Monday, December 20, 2004

I left out later than usual for work. I wasn’t in a rush to be on time. I saw on the morning news that my bus would be delayed. I think I heard a 15 to 30 minute delay. So I called work to let them know I would be in late.

I should have asked for the day off. I have 15 hours of vacation time that I failed to use.

I didn’t have the foresight to know when I scheduled my days off that I would get tickets to see Robert Goulet and Shirley Jones perform at the symphony the night before.

Symphony Christmas Show
Yesterday, I went down to the BSO after church.

It was looking like Christmas outside. It was snowing and everything. Also, it was unusually busy outside for a Sunday evening in Baltimore. Traffic was hectic. I think this could be accounted for the fact that Richard Chamberlain was in town appearing in a production of Scrooge and the Trans Siberian Orchestra was doing a show at the First Mariner Arena.

When I got to the Meyerhoff I was surprised to find that the place was half full. I suppose the majority of ticket holders were scared away by the threat of snow. I had really good seats in the front row. I sat next to this lesbian couple. At first I thought they were just two friends then after the intermission they sat together with there arms around each other throughput the entire show.

Overall the show was ok. I really liked the dancers. I hated the fact that Goulet and Jones read from a script on stage. I was surprised that they didn’t bother to memorize there lines. I thought this was lame.

My favorite part in the show was the tap dancing Santas. I left the symphony hall with a heart filled with Christmas cheer.

When I got outside it had finished snowing, However, it was very windy and cold. Snow caked the ground. I was afraid that if I stayed outside too long it would turn to ice. I am borderline pathologically afraid to walk on ice. It’s my worse nightmare. I become paralyzed with fear when I see ice on a walkway. Maybe I should see a therapist about this....

Anyway, light rail train, after light rail train, went by with a Finished Service sign. Eventually, I got fed up and took tiny baby steps down the street. I didn’t know if the streets were icy or not I wasn’t taking any chances. Then finally a train pulled up to me and stopped.

The driver told me that all light rail trains were out of service. Finally!! How come all the other train drivers could not tell the people they saw standing in the station what was going on? They knew that we were waiting for a train that would never come. Those bastards!

It seems to me that nine out of ten times it’s usually female drivers who will let you know what’s going on. Male drivers could give a rat’s ass about the well fare of there passengers.


link | posted by gail at 9:27 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com