IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, December 26, 2004

Today has been a day of rest for me. I sat on my butt all day and did nothing. I mostly went around and to visited sites on Crablogs to leave Happy Holiday greetings.

Two sites I found it next to impossible to leave messages on were Supafine and Data Angel. To leave a message on Data Angel’s site you have to sign up through Data Angel. Geez!

Anyway, those were the two sites so far that are blocked from leaving comments. I noticed that Cranky Mommy just has e-mail. So I guess I'll be shooting her an email before the week is out.

Like, I’ve said before I tend to read all the blogs up on Crablogs. However, I’ve never attempted to leave comments on all of them that are active. Then of course the dilema comes up as to what constitutes an active blog. I see a number haven't been recently updated. Perhaps they got caught up in the Christmas rush or are students on break?

BALTIMORE RADIO 2004 Since everyone else will be doing it. I figured I’d might as well jump into the fray and put out my very own year end Best of List(s) this week. These lists are entirely my opinion.

BEST BALTIMORE RADIO 2004
1. Out To Lunch With Miles and Thrill....Live 105.7
2. KML Morning Show...98 Rock
3. The Howard Stern Show...Live 105.7
4. The Don and Mike Show...Live 105.7
5. Car Talk...NPR

I think Out to Lunch has really held it’s own and it’s nice to hear people on the air who are two unabashed Gen-Xers. However, listening to their show sometimes makes me feel old. Especially, when it turns into a remember when show. You know when they have a show that's basically like, remember: pop rocks, Garbage Pail Kids, break dancing, etc.

KML never fail to please. Also there show has been filled with an urgency to listen to ever since there newsman, Robert, "don’t call me, Bob" Lopez got diagnosed with cancer. I grew up listening to this guy doing the news on the radio. I can’t think back to a time when he wasn’t on the radio. I still feel that Kirk is a talent less yet lovable hack. Hey, I’ve got my opinion. Besides everyone knows that Mark is the talented one. Producer Stephanie, I’m still not quiet sure what her purpose is on the show..... However the stories of her drunken escapades and party excesses have been fun to hear.

Howard Stern the original shock jock. Need I say more! I can't wait to see what he does on Siruis. Also loved the win Stuttering John's job contest.

Don and Mike are always fun to listen to. Although I think there show has been a little lame lately. There on this list mainly out of habit.

Car Talk is fun to listen to even though I don't own a car. The show is always entertaining. I can't think of a single show where I didn't feel like they didn't give it there all. Then again they just come on once a week.

WORSE BALTIMORE RADIO 2004
1. Jo Jo and Kenny...MIX106.5
Listening to there show is as fun as having a root canal. Amatuer show and lame jocks. How the hell have they've managed to have kept there jobs for so long is beyond me? They do lame ass parady songs. Why does he keep singing. He can’t sing his way out of a paper bag. The show is lame. It’ a show meant for incontenent elderly mental patients who don’t know better.

2.Micky and Amelia...98 Rock
Micky has the most annoying voice in the history of Baltimore radio. His voice is like nails on a chalkboard.

3. Chip Franklin...WBAL
I hate this man with every fiber of my being. He’s the absolute worse talk show host in Baltimore. He’s another guy where I wonder if he’s keeping blackmail pictures of the boss somewhere. Adolescent nonsence. Conservative radio for morons. As far as Chip Franklin’s intelligence is concerned I’m sure a goldfish could out score him on an IQ test.

4. Tom Leykis...LIVE 105.7
Most evil and annoying talk show host in American. He’s fat and he hates woman. I can't believe idiots call up to ask advice from this loser with an Elton John haircut.


link | posted by gail at 10:11 PM |


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 12:34 AM~  

I think most Baltimore radio just blows. Not like "SNL isn't funny this year blows" but more like "flat tire on a rainy night in the middle of nowhere blows."

YPR is good in small doses, but when I'm driving home I need something loud with a funk. If I wanted to listen people talk I'dve stayed at work. WTMD has gotten a lot better, but even indie-rock that you're supposed to like wears thin. What's a boy supposed to do? CDs. A lot of them.

Blogger Malnurtured Snay commented at 10:48 PM~  

Well, Don & Mike are kind of stale lately because they're on vacation :)

I'm certainly with you on KML & Out to Lunch.

Blogger Soccer Dad commented at 11:52 AM~  

I always like Ken Mersen on WQSR, he's an encyclopedia of oldies. I absolutely hate Brian and O'Brien. They're lot and not funny. I could take Brian Wilson in small doses as a talk show host. I hear that they're no longer on the air.
Though it's a specialty show, I enjoy Shalom USA Sunday mornings on 105.7.

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com