IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Today, is a very special day for me. IT’S MY BIRTHDAY! That’s right, I’m celebrating the big 3-5! I’m now five years away from the big 4-0!

The one thing I’ve never really liked about my birthday is it’s close proximity to Christmas. When my birthday rolls around people are usually flat broke. The last birthday party I ever had was for my 9th birthday.

I’m not really angry or upset about this. I’m autistic and I feel uncomfortable in social situations. So in a since it’s been a blessing that no one has ever forced me to be sociable on my birthday. To me, my birthday, has always been a day of reflection.

So this year I took the day off from work as well as the two days following it. I’m mainly doing this so that I can use up all my vacation days. I hope that I will have still have a job when I come back to work on Monday. I always hear about people who come back from long vacations and find they’ve been fired. I hope this doesn't happen to me.

The reason why I’m giving this three day vacation thing a try is that last year, I had the privilege of attaining three weeks vacation. At the end of the year I was surprised to find out that I had a couple of days left that I wasn’t aware of. I couldn’t do anything about it because it was in the last week of December that I found out my unique situation. So this year I thought I’d try to use up every single vacation and personal day I have available.

As per usual I’m off on the first days of spring, summer, fall, and winter. To further pad things out, I’ve added Inauguration Day, Earth Day, Halloween, and the birthday’s of ex-boyfriends.

The last thing I want this year is to find out in the last week of December that I have extra vacation days left that I never took. You have no idea how horrible that felt. I absolutely do not want to relive that nightmare ever again.

WHAT I’M WEARING: Right now, I have on a cream colored long sleeve waffle knit shirt that has a picture of a cute teddy bear wearing jeans and red shirt that says Authentic Bear Wear. I’m also wearing blue jeans. Since it’s my day off I’ve been flitting around the apartment in red flip flops.


link | posted by gail at 8:53 PM |


7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 8:38 AM~  

Happy Birthday, Gail. I also turn the big 4-0 minus 5 this year, and it's good to know that I'm really not the oldest blogger in town. You are! Heh.

(But only by a month or so, unfortunately)

DaB
dabrettman.com

Blogger Christine commented at 3:35 PM~  

I'm a day late, but wanted to wish you a happy birthday!!

Blogger Given commented at 4:05 PM~  

Happy birthday. I hope that you have a great 35th year. And thanks for posting on my site. I appreciate it.

Blogger Jillyvanilli commented at 6:16 PM~  

Happy Birthday! My 35th is in a months time, scary isn't it!

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 10:59 PM~  

Well, I found your blog while surfing thru blogexplosion, and couldn't resist leaving a comment.
Happy Birthday!

Afonso

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 4:28 AM~  

Happy birthday!!! Thanks for blogmarking me!

-Charone
http://screwyou.thezeroboss.com

Blogger Malnurtured Snay commented at 1:53 AM~  

I'm always late, so, happy b-day!

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com