IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

I’m still mourning over the death of Freda, a woman I only knew through the magic of radio. I can’t explain precisely why her death has had such a profound effect on me. I suppose the main reason is because her death was so sudden and unexpected. Her death reminded me that we are all on this earth for a short time. Tomorrow is promised to no one.

So far 2005 has been a pretty bad year. You have the death of Luther Vandross, the death of 98 Rock’s Lopez, the death of Don’s wife Freda, the death of David Haines, The London attacks, the loss of Crablogs, the loss of the DaBrettman Speaks web blog, the firing of my long time supervisor, WHFS being a part time music station, and Howard Stern moving to satellite radio. The list of bad things that happened so far this year could go on and on. I think I’ll stop it here or I’ll just get more depressed than I already feel...

INTERESTING SIGHT ON BUS:
An odd thing happened on the morning shuttle bus. A woman all of a sudden took off her top. She then took a very long time figuring out how to put it back on. In frustration she gave up trying to put her blouse back on and rode the rest of the way in a bra with her blouse loosely covering her front. She then quickly fell asleep. I’m not sure but I think she was stoned out of her mind.

No one on the bus was alarmed or protested. The main reason for this is that I take the shuttle bus at a very early hour of the morning. The vast majority of passengers on the bus at that hour are asleep or trying to sleep.

The man sitting next to her didn’t seem to mind much. He seemed very happy at the strange turn of events. I suppose it was a great start to his day. How many guys have a pretty girl take off their top on the bus right next to them? By the way the celebrity she most resembled was Naomi Campbell albeit a possibly stoned Naomi Campbell.....

UMAB CAMPUS POLICE PATROL :) :

It was nice when I left out for work and immediately saw a UMAB campus police car come down the street then another. Both cars stopped at the end of my street to talk to each other. I don’t know how long they will be patrolling my neighborhood.

One thing's for sure I hope that they keep it up because whenever I see that scary elderly stalker man I start to feel paranoid like he’s watching me or going through my apartment when I’m not home. I ’m sure he knows that I live alone and knows when I leave out and come in from work.

Right now I am this close to getting a survelliance camera set up in my apartment just to see if I’m being paranoid for no reason. This man lurking around every summer makes me feel very uncomfortable.

WHAT I“M WEARING:
Today, I have on the striped nautical design t-shirt with the anchor in the middle. Also today for the first time in weeks I’m wearing slacks to work. I wanted to wear something dark today to symbolize my saddness. I had to wear slacks because my black skirt is in the hamper and scheduled to go to the laundromat sometime this weekend.


link | posted by gail at 8:56 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com