IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

MORNING COMMUTE:

I missed my light rail train this morning because of an altercation that occured in the 7 -ELEVEN between a crazy or on drugs man who made himself a cup of coffee and refused to pay for it and a 7 -ELEVEN worker. It was scary. I kept feeling afraid that he might have a weapon on him. The man behind the counter immediatly got on his phone and called the police. The crazy or on drugs man kept yelling at the other 7 -ELEVEN worker, "I'm the king! I'm the king!", as he held up the cup of coffee.

Luckily, there was already a police car parked out in front of the store. The policeman eventually got the man to move away. The police officer was a very tall, big, black, bald intimidating looking man.

I still can't understand why the man behind the counter was still on the phone with the police giving them information about what was going on and where they were located. The situation was solved....

On light rail after all the 7 _ELEVEN drama, I saw a man with actual vinyl records in his hands. He didn't look old but then again was bald. It's kind of difficult to judge the age of bald men.

THE ED NORRIS SHOW
Ed Norris with Big O and Dukes is a more serious show than the Big O and Dukes Show. He was great when he was on for just one hour a day. However, since the former Baltimore City Police Commissioner got off of house arrest and is now on for the entire four hours he's really dragged the show down. Bring back the funny! Unmuzzle Chad Dukes!

Personally, I think they should just give Ed Norris his own show. Why did he have to hijack their show to the point that it's no longer called the Big O and Dukes Show but instead is called The Ed Norris Show With Big O and Dukes? Let's face it he's more law enforcement oriented and O and D are comedy oriented. Well, at least Chad Dukes is..... Hey, If I wanted serious talk radio I'd be listening to WBAL, not WHFS.

Right now it's almost like they (Big O and Dukes) have one foot out of the door already. They have put in an audition tape for the Opie and Anthony Show's very own Golden Ticket competition. Five winners get a spot on Opie and Anthony's XM High Voltage channel. I hear Ceasar, there phone screener was in New York last week dropping off their audition tape. I understand that Opie and Anthony liked there audition tape so much that they played it on air. I personally don't know because I don't have satellite radio.....yet.

So far Opie and Anthony have added Ron and Fez to there XM channel. Here's hoping that O and D make it on there as well and off the train wreck that is Baltimore's Infinity Radio.

98 ROCK JOINING THE 21ST CENTURY?

Shocking!! Absolutely Shocking!! Today, I heard Mr. Brightside by The Killers being played on 98 Rock during Sarah Fleischer's shift. This is shocking because 98 Rock is a station that appears to have not changed it's playlist since 1985. They play stuff like Led Zepplin, Motely Crew, and Metallica.

WHAT I'M WEARING:
Today, I have on a dark blue polo shirt that has my company's logo on the sleeve. I don't work in place where we have to wear uniforms. One year they were raising funds for something and offered workers the opportunity to buy a polo with the company's logo on it. I believe this was around the time we started up a company baseball team. The baseball team by the way is now defunct.

I also have on blue jean capri pants and tan leather flip flops.


link | posted by gail at 2:07 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com