IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Monday, August 29, 2005


penguin, originally uploaded by willisgirl.

The only penguin I ever liked was Opus from cartoonist Berke Breathed's Bloom County. I can't wait until Opus the Penguin, the movie, comes out.


Yesterday, I went to Church as usual. The husband and wife Co-Ministers of the Church I attend returned back from their Summer vacation. You see with Unitarian Churches they run on a school like schedule. From late June to late August the Ministers have off. During the time they are off services are run by lay people.

Anyway, it was nice to see the Reverends Hubbell and Manwell back. It appears that they are eagerly awaiting the birth of a new grandchild. You know I couldn’t quiet put my finger on it, but Reverend Hubbell looked different. I’m not sure if she coloured her hair, lost weight, or was sporting an entirely new hairstyle.

Also yesterday as per usual I went to the movies after church. Here’s my Quick Review of....MARCH OF THE PENGUINS

I was feeling daring and adventurous after Church so I decided to see what ever movie the elderly couple standing in front of me was going to see. The movie they chose to see was, March of the Penguins. Luckily, this was a movie that I haven’t seen before. I’ve heard a lot of good things about it. So I bought my ticket for March of the Penguins not knowing exactly what to expect. The only thing I knew about the movie was that it was a documentary that involved penguins.

I wish to God/Goddess that I could take back the hour or so of my life that I spent watching that movie!!! March of the Penguins was the most boring documentary that I have ever sat through!!! I was literally fighting to stay awake.

I, for the life of me after watching this movie can not understand why it’s so well liked and beloved by people who’ve seen it. It was clearly a movie that was best suited to be viewed on the Nature Channel and not on the big screen. The only good thing about this movie was that it was narrated by Morgan Freeman.

My advice is that if you are going to the movies to be entertained, March of the Penguins is not it. March of the Penguins is best viewed by rabid penguin enthusiast, the sleep deprived, or people with masochistic tendencies.

WHAT I’M WEARING
Today, I have on a tan skirt with a turquiose tie dyed like short sleeve shirt that has an ecru and tan flower design on it. I also have on tan leather flip flops.


link | posted by gail at 10:02 PM |


2 Comments:

Blogger -E commented at 10:24 PM~  

the movie was beautiful though!

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 2:59 AM~  

God you look hot post some pics of you too girl.

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com