IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

I just got back from a book signing at Borders by one of our church members. She usually conducts the Winter Solstice ritual on the first day of winter. I don’t know if she does this every year but she did last year. Also today was another meeting for the Citizens Against the Death Penalty at the Americas Friends service committee. I decided not to go because it was cold and I felt that they would hold other meetings in the future. Besides, I would only get to see one book signing at Borders on the 15th of November. Also, I had never been to a book signing before. I also had never been to this particular Borders before. It is brand new. The store used to be on York Road in Towson but they went out of business and closed due to the juggernaut up the street that is Barnes and Nobles.

When I got to Borders I noticed that there were no signs inside or outside the store indicating that there would be a book signing there. This made me wonder if I had gotten the date mixed up or was at the wrong store. Then I looked around and noticed a large group of people gathered. I saw a couple of people whose faces I knew from church.

The book signing consisted of the woman reading a couple of passages from her book. Then she had a couple of her friends sing that old familiar pagan classic, Oh Solstice Tree sung to the melody of Oh Christmas Tree. Afterwards we were all invited to buy a copy of her book which she then signed. I left at that point because I did not have any cash on me.


link | posted by gail at 11:42 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com