IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Monday, November 07, 2005

Last night I found myself completely into the fake Presidential debate on West Wing. I even logged into Salons Table Talk and the Democratic Underground as I watched the debate. By the way this is what I usually do when I am watching a real political debate.

Last night was the first time that I have watched West Wing in years. Thus I’m not quiet sure who I should be rooting for.

Overall, I felt that Alan Alda as Republican candidate Arnold Vinick clearly won the debate. He came across as a strong polished candidate. In a sense I am ashamed of myself. I am ashamed because I favoured a Republican candidate over a Democrat. I suppose it is OK because, after all, he is a fictional character.

I felt that Jimmy Smits as Democratic candidate, Matt Santos came off as a bit weak. However, I really loved his comeback line when Alda called him a liberal.

After the show I tried to vote in the poll that NBC had up on their website. My efforts were fruitless. I tried and I tried but I could not get through. I think there server might have crashed.

In the end I’m curious as to who fictional West Wing America will vote for after Josiah Bartlet as played by Martin Sheen leaves office. Will there be two liberal Latino Presidents in a row or will a Republican finally take office?


link | posted by gail at 11:00 PM |


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 12:24 AM~  

"Will there be two liberal Latino Presidents in a row or will a Republican finally take office?"

Well, in reality this country made George W. President twice. How can fiction be any stranger than that?

I would vote for Matt Santos in a heartbeat. He had my vote a few episodes in to the season when he demonstrated to the country (in reality) that a leader can have personal beliefs and know that he does not have the right to legislate on those beliefs simply because he can get away with it.

"Vinick" won that debate because, with no offense to Jimmy Smits who did a great job, Alan Alda is a simply amazing actor. I would love to see a script and know what the actors improvised.

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com