IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Monday, October 17, 2005

Right now I’m feeling a little sad. I just got back from visiting my father. I always end up feeling sad after visiting him. It has nothing to do with him. He’s the nicest man on the planet. It’s just my sister, the drug addict, that’s the problem......

You see for the past few weeks I’ve been trying to contact them to see how they are doing. My efforts were fruitless. It appears that there phone has been disconnected. So today I finally got up the gumption to visit them in person. I approached the house with apprehension and fear that something terribly wrong might have happened. As I walked up to the house I noticed that the outer glass and metal door sat on the porch resting against the wooden porch railing. The wooden inner door was still attached to the house. I gasped in fear, fearing what might be behind the door. Maybe they have both been inside the house dead for days because a drug dealer finally wasted my sister. You see for years she has been claiming that if we do not give her money a drug dealer is going to kill her. We all knew that this was just a scare tactic she used to extort money from her family to buy drugs.

I was relieved after a long wait at the door when my father finally came to answer it. He told me that my sister was in jail. Apparently, her 20something year old daughter who is a nurse called the cops on her. He told me that my sister had stepped up her tactics in getting money from him. Her new tactic was to threaten him with a knife up to three times a day. One day her daughter happened to be home and could not take her mothers violent abuse of her frail elderly grandfather anymore. Mother and daughter then started fighting violently. Finally between blows my niece called the police and now my sister is in jail for domestic abuse.

Personally, I feel that that evil bitch, that I am forced to call my sister, stays in jail for a very long time. She has no respect for anything or anyone other than her drugs and her drug dealer. She is the reason I left home. I could not take the constant never ending begging for money. I rarely visit my father because of her. Now that she is gone I will visit my father a little more often.

As I left my fathers house for the cab to take me home, I looked up at my father. He had the saddest look on his face. I had the cab turn back so that I could see that he was ok. When the cab got back he was still standing motionless in the doorway with the saddest look in the universe on his face. I came back and asked if he wanted me to stay over until my niece came back from work. He said that it was ok. He would be alright.

I wonder if he is afraid that the drug dealers will start threatening him. I’m afraid for him.

He told me that two women were killed up the street in a home invasion robbery gone wrong. He also told me of the houses that were recently broken into. This of course has me worried especially with the very vulnerable looking glass and metal front door sitting on the porch. I guess I should not be too worried because they still have the sturdy inner wooden door..... All in all I think I will have to come over tomorrow to see if my niece finally came back from work. Since she is a nurse she tends to work unpredictable hours. Just for my peace of mind I know I have to do it.


link | posted by gail at 8:36 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com