IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, November 20, 2005


Good Night and Good Luck, originally uploaded by willisgirl.

George Clooney, Robert Downey Jr., and David Strathairn from Good Night and Good Luck

Today I went to church and then afterwards I walked down to The Charles to see Good Night, and Good Luck.

I found the movie to be extremely boring. The movie seemed to consist of old archive film clips of the McCarthy hearings interspersed with black and white live action of a 1950s newsroom. I learned absolutely nothing about the inner workings of Edward R. Murrow. After watching the film he is still an enigma to me. The only thing I took back from the film was the he was a heavy smoker and that David Strathairn did a great job looking like him. George Clooney was also in the movie. Clooney also directed this movie which should be touted as cure for insomnia. In the movie Clooney played Fred Friendly. I am not entirely sure who Fred Friendly was in relationship to the early days of American television. All I know is that the name sounded familiar. The movie did nothing to flesh out who Fed Friendly and Edward R, Murrow really were or were like.

The only exciting thing about the movie was that every now and then they would cut to a singer singing in a studio. The singer seemed to be taping her show 24/7. It made me wonder if the 8 hour work day was in effect during the 50s. The unnamed singer was played by jazz singer, Diane Reeves. While watching her sing it struck me as to why I found the film so boring. It was boring to me because there was no background orchestral music in the film. I suppose if there had been background music I might have liked the film more. I guess this is the only review on the internet that didn’t like a movie because of a lack of background orchestral music in it. To me the film felt heavy and lugubrious without it. It felt like I was watching a play with no plot.

My recommendation is to skip this movie. The only reason you should see it is if you have had trouble sleeping and want a sure fire sleep remedy.


link | posted by gail at 11:16 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com