IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, March 05, 2006

This morning I went to Church. On the way over I almost felt as though the
light rail was conspiring against me making it to church on time. The light rail supervisor was out and keeping close watch over the trains arriving on time. The train spent an aweful long time sitting at stops to get on a particular schedule. I ended being ten minutes late. Last week I was just five minutes late.

We had a guest minister this week from California. He sounded very warm and fuzzy. I have to admit that his sermon seemed to meander a lot. I have no idea what he was preaching about. The service ended ten minutes later than usual.

I did something I rarely do. I went over to the parish hall and had a few cookies. They were holding the spring Opportunity Fair for various groups within the Church. As usual no one said anything to me. I just spoke to the little old lady that minds the book table and bought a MC Beaton book for 50cents. The book I bought was Death of a Scriptwriter. I picked this book because I like reading MC Beaton mystery series. I have read many of her Hamish MacBeth and Agatha Raisin books.

Afterwards I went to the movies and saw Transamerica at The Charles. I bought a small popcorn and a medium ginger ale. The ginger ale spilled on the floor as I was taking off my coat to get in the movie seat. Oh, well...

The reason why I wanted to see Transamerica was that I was curious about Felicity Huffmans Oscar nominated performance as a transexual. I have to say that she was really great in the movie. She was 100% believable as a man who wanted to be a woman. However, I do not know if her performance is good enough to edge out Reese Witherspoon.

Overall, I really liked the movie. It seemed almost as if it could be the basis for a TV series. Transexual balances the issues of being a brand new woman and a mom to her newly found teenage son. Watch the fun, hilarity, and poignant heartfelt moments.


link | posted by gail at 8:53 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com