IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Yesterday, I went over to see my father and my youngest nieces baby who is named Blessyn Ariel. All the baby appears to do is sleep. I saw her with her eyes open only for a few second. She is about a week old.

The reason I went over to see them was that I had cards to deliver to them. I had to give my father a birthday card and my niece a congratulations its a Girl card. I wanted to give these things to them before it was too late. My fathers birthay was last week and my grandniece was born last week.

An interesting coincidence I learned is that my father has two birthdays listed in the records, January 27 and January 29th. This little glitch occurred because the doctor who delivered my father was late in filling out paperwork. My grandmother gave my father a choice on which day to celebrate his birthday. My father opted for January 29th. The crazy coincidence is that his brand new great granddaughter was born on the 27th, which is his actual birthday!

Also after visiting my father I learned that I tracked down the right group of Willis in my family genealogy search. Some of the names listed were familiar to my father. He had memories of his parents talking about some of the people that I found in the census. Most telling of this is that he recalled his parents talking about Farmer Willis. It turns out that the name Farmer Willis was not a misprint in the census. According to my father Farmer Willis name was Farmer Lee Willis. He also recalled his parents talking about Orrick Willis. Whenever his parents talked about Farmer Lee and Orrick they would always laugh about their latest exploits. I wonder what Farmer Lee and Orrick were like? I suppose they must have been fun and always up to something.


link | posted by gail at 8:52 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com