IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, July 09, 2006


sreturns, originally uploaded by willisgirl.

ok

Today, after visiting my father I went over to the Towson Commons to see, Superman Returns. The reason why I wanted to see that over something like, Pirates of The Carribean, is because I figure that since the movie is not doing that well I should see it before it leaves the movie theatres. Also I am lover of movies based on comic book characters and I have fond memories of seeing Christopher Reeve's Superman in the movies with my mom.

I have to admit right here and now that I had deep reservations about this movie because it starred Brandon Routh in the title role. I also have to admit that I like to watch soap operas. What do these two admissions have in common you ask? Well, I'll tell you. Brandon Routh used to play Seth Anderson on the soap opera, One Life To Live. It was obvious to me as well as other watchers of the show that the only reason he was hired for the role was his looks. The poor boy could not act his way out of a paper bag. Then one day he was let go from the role. The watchers of the show breathed a brief sigh of relief until it became obvious that the guy they hired to replace him was equally horrendous an actor. Besides, being a horrible actor on the soap Routh is known to have thrown one hell of hissy fit when he was let go from the show. On his web site he wrote words to the effect saying that, God would punish those who were resposible for firing him.

Ok, enough of that.... As far as the movie goes it was watchable. Thankfully, they did not give Routh much to say in his role, thus his woodeness as an actor was deftly hidden. I also feel that they cast the wrong actress as Lois Lane. The woman playing her had no sparkle or spunk. The actress I felt who would have been a more believable Lois Lane would have been, Parker Posey. If there is ever a sequel they should get rid of the other chick and hire Parker Posey. While I am on the subject of the things I hated about the movie.... Let me add that I also loathed the new costume, especially using a burgandy like red as opposed to the usual bright cherry red. To me it just looked to dark. Nothing about it said, Superman. To me it looked like some costume designer was trying to make his or her mark by screwing with the Man of Steels trademark costume.

>As far as the plot of the movie goes it was standard issue comic book stuff. Lex Luther in a diabolical plot to take over the world via real estate. The one aspect of the plot I found intriguing was the idea that Superman/Clark Kent now had a son. However, he could never tell the boy that he was its father. It was so Joss Whedon. I loved it. Yea, I know Joss Whedon had nothing to do with the script. Never the less I loved that tiny aspect of the plot.

As far as recommendations go I say wait till it comes out on cable or DVD. Its a watchable movie. There is nothing terribly brilliant or earth shaking about it. Its just a nice little entertainment diversion.

WALKING LOG

STEPS....10652
MILES....2.35
CALORIES BURNED....370


link | posted by gail at 9:01 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com