IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Monday, January 15, 2007


graduateposter
Originally uploaded by willisgirl.
the original poster to The Graduate

Since I had the day off I watched a Netflix movie that recently arrived. The movie I watched was The Graduate. I ordered it because I saw Rumour Has It... a couple of weeks ago. Also it has been years since I last saw The Graduate. It was still as funny as I recalled it being.

One thing in the movie that I forgot about, that was really cool, was the montage scene done to Simon and Garfunkels, The Sounds of Silence. It was like watching a music video before music videos existed. After watching that I am not surprised that Mike Nichols got a Best Director Oscar for The Graduate.




gradate200
Originally uploaded by willisgirl.



Another thing that struck me was that Benjamin Braddock, the protagonist in the film played by Dustin Hoffman appeared to not have any friends his own age. The only people he seemed to associate with were his parents friends. No wonder Mrs. Robinson made a play for him.

Immediately, after watching the movie I searched through my vast archive of cd’s and found Simon and Garfunkels Greatest Hits and like the 59th Street Bridge Song, I felt groovy.


link | posted by gail at 11:58 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com