IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, January 14, 2007

This morning I went to Church. I mainly went because I knew that it would be a Martin Luther King Jr themed service. They do one every year on the Sunday closest to his birthday. This year near the end of the service we gathered in a circle around the sanctuary and wrote on a piece of coloured crepe paper our hopes. Then we all held hands and sang, We Shall Overcome. When the service was over we tied the crepe papers onto the gates of the Church. I have to say that this was the most creative service that I have ever attended at First Unitarian. I liked it a lot.

THE NEW SUPERMARKET
Ever since I first saw the signs alerting passerbys to a new Superfresh opening I have to admit I sceptical. I was sceptical as to whether or not it was going to happen. The signs have been up since about December of 2005. I know because I would pass them every Sunday on my way to Church. So imagine my surprise when I walked by and the store was actually up and running. It really was not a cruel joke afterall! Superfresh actually opened a store on Charles Street! I thought it never would happen. All I can say is Yippee! I can now do a little light grocery shopping after Church.




MillenniumActress
Originally uploaded by willisgirl.



NETFLIX MOVIE: Millenium Actress
I found the movie to be rather engaging. The ending however was very sad. The anime movie was about the lifestory of a fictional Japanese actress. It was told in a very unique manner. Two of the characters that she was telling the story of her life to were featured as background characters in the story she ewas telling. I found this to be a very interesting way of telling a story. The ending of the movie was sad. It turns out that the man she loved had died and she never learned what the key he gave her opened to. All he told her was that it was the key to the most important thing. So sad. Yet, so good.

WALKING STATS

STEPS....5464
MILES....2.15
CALORIES BURNED....224


link | posted by gail at 8:21 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com