IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Thursday, January 04, 2007

MORNING COMMUTE:
This morning I was on time for work. This was all due to the fact that I was lucky enough to hail a cab. While in the cab I asked the driver about The Ravens. I am not a big time sports fan. However, I am very much interested in their chances to make it to the Super Bowl. My ex used to call me a fair weather sports fan. I only show interest in sports when it is near playoff season and my hometown team is involved.

Anyway, I asked the cabbie if he knew how many games the Ravens had to win to get into the Super Bowl. The cabbie began to stutter out his answer then after while the stuttering left him. I suppose not many female passengers ask him about sports. He told me that they had to win two more games. But that they would off on this Sunday. Then he went on to tell me more about the Ravens. When I left out the cab he told me to enjoy the games.

QUEST FOR A 2007 CALENDAR
Yesterday, I continued on my hunt for a suitable mini calendar for my cubicle. My hunt led me to the Towson Town Mall. While there I found a kiosk that still sold calendars. I spent a long time deciding between getting a Bob Marley, Elvis Presley or Marilyn Monroe calendar. In the end I took home the Elvis calendar. I bought it because it was the one that best fit in with my cubicle decor. My cubicle has an Elvis theme to it.

I should note that I picked up the calendar despite it being the type that I loathe. I loathe Elvis calendars that feature black and white photography when there are full colour versions of the same pictures available. To me it smacks of forced nostalgia. Whats so wrong about using the colour version of the same picture must everything be Photoshoped into fake nostalgia pieces. WHAT I AM WEARING:
Today, I have on Nike MaxAir shoes, a fair isle knit sweater of light blue, yellow, and white. I also have on a denim long sleeve shirt and blue jeans.

WALKING STATS

STEPS....12036
MILES....2.65
CALORIES BURNED....440


link | posted by gail at 7:57 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com