IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Monday, December 25, 2006

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I got up this morning to make a breakfast from the present I bought myself. I bought myself a breakfast gift box of pancake mix, coffee and sugar free syrup. Then afterwards I wrapped presents as I watched a Christmas movie I had never seen before, Meet John Doe. I have to say that I enjoyed Meet John Doe more than Its a Wonderful Life. I wonder if that can be considered as blasphemy?

After all the wrapping was done I headed out into the rain to deliver the presents over my fathers house. The gifts did become a bit wet with all the rain. In fact the handle to my fathers gift bag broke as I was walking down the street towards his house.

When I finally arrived I was shocked to notice that this year they had a real tree up instead of an artificial one. It appears that they bought the tree on Christmas day. Despite this, I still kind of miss the old artificial tree being up. Anyway, under the tree were tons of unopened presents. My youngest niece, Alexis, explained to me that they would not be opening presents until 5:00pm that evening.

I was also shocked to see my brother, Carlos there. I was shocked because I did not have a present for him because I was previously told that he would not be able to make it. Oh, well.....

As luck would have it I bought along my digital camera and laptop. So I took a lot of pictures as I promised my eldest niece, Lisa I would do. I was taking the pictures because she could not make it over because she could not have the day off from work. I must have taken a zillion pictures! In addition to taking pictures I trimmed the tree along with her daughter, Shay. Sadly, my father and my brother did not want there pictures taken. Also some time during the evening my nephew Little David showed up with a posse of his cousins. My Uncle Leon also called up to see how everyone was doing. All in all it was a pretty stress free evening.

The present I got from my niece Alexis was a Cranberry bath set from The Body Shop. It came with glitter lotion, soap, butter lotion, and lip gloss. This was great because I love bath sets. The only problem is that it had bar soap instead of liquid soap. I prefer my soap liquid because liquid soap does not leave as much soap scum or soap residue as bar soap does. Despite this it was the best present ever! I just love the glitter lotion. It makes me look all sparkly.


jamesbrown
Originally uploaded by willisgirl.

JAMES BROWN IS DEAD
I was sad to find out while I was watching the evening news with my dad that James Brown had died. I feel bad for his family. For them, Christmas, a normally joyful occasion will be forever linked with sorrow. May the memory of the Godfather of Soul live on!

WALKING STATS

STEPS....5171
MILES....1.14
CALORIES BURNED....183


link | posted by gail at 10:49 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com