IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Today, was yet another busy day for me. It started off at Church then ended up at the BSO.

At church the sermon was presented by our new ministerial intern. She did a good job. I liked that her sermon was very energetic and dramatic. It was a nice change of pace from the usual presenters. Dont get me wrong I am often enlightened by the sermons of our usual ministers. It was just nice to hear a fresh young voice with an upbeat attitude.





sandipatty
Originally uploaded by willisgirl.

After church I headed over to the annual BSO Christmas Show. The Christmas Show is the first show of my season subscription at the BSO.

This years Christmas show featured Sandi Patty. I did not know quiet what to expect. I only know that Sandi Patty is a fellow BBW and a contemporary Christian singer. I was not sure if I would enjoy the show or not. One thing I knew is that I did not want to watch a show that felt like an endless Christian indoctrination session.

First off I have to say that for a brief second I thought I was in the Pearlstone Theatre at Center Stage when I arrived inside the theatre. The reason for this is that a proscenium arch was erected on the stage with two giant nutcrackers flanking either side of it. Also most importantly there was a very lush red curtain hanging from the stage. WoW! The BSO went all out for this Christmas show. I was immediately enchanted by the stage design and could not wait for the curtain to rise so that the show could begin.

Overall, I really enjoyed the show. It was truly a Christmas show not a Christian sermon show. Sandi Patty did a great job as hostess. I liked that she had numerous costume changes into glamorous sparkly gowns. She was like a plus size Barbie doll. She had a phenomenal stage presence and was a pretty good singer.

The routines I liked in the show included the tap dancing Santas, the Carol of the Bells ballet dance number, and this old time radio bit they did. I also liked Dan Menendez, the piano juggler. Since I play the keyboard I was truly in awe of his skills.

The only bad part in the BSO Christmas show was when this group of singers sang Seasons of Love from the Broadway musical, Rent. I really love that song. In fact I love it so much that it is on my iPod. The group of singers who sang the song were great. The problem was this one guy who had a solo towards the end of the song. His solo completely ruined the song. It was as though he was singing another song. He sounded out of step with the song. He was so off key that I felt embarrassed for him. Despite this one uncomfortable moment the show was outstanding and very entertaining.

In fact as I was leaving I heard someone remark that the show was as good as the one they have in New York. I assume that the show in question that they were talking about was Radio City Music Halls Christmas Show. Since I have never been to Radio City Music Hall I feel that in a way after viewing this show I have a gist of what Christmas shows in New York are like.


link | posted by gail at 9:40 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com