IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Saturday, December 16, 2006


yogagirl, originally uploaded by willisgirl.

Today was a very busy day. I had two activities lined up for today, yoga class and a show at Center Stage.

The Yoga Drawing class went great. I kind of felt sad that it was the last class of the three week session. I hope that the class returns. For our last class we did a lot of challenging poses. We even did my favourite pose, tree pose. After the class our instructor photographed our drawings. She said that she would email us the photos. I hope that she will not forget.

After class I had just enough time to grab something to eat then head over to Center Stage to see The Boys From Syracuse. I was ushered to my seat again by Paul. I used to have classes with Paul when I was a theatre/art major at Towson. Since he never gives any indication of previously encountering me I never say anything to him like, Hey did’nt you used to go to Towson? I think we had a class or two together! Anyway, his non reaction is not the least bit odd to me because odds are he does not remember me as I am not a very outgoing memorable person. I think the classes we had together was either Mojo Gentrys or more popularily known around campus as just plain old, Mojo drama class or perhaps it was Stan Browns drama classes for voice and movement. I can not remember which...

The Boys From Syracuse Quick Review
Overall, I enjoyed the musical a lot. The only problem I had was staying awake. You see I usually like to see matinee performances. When I had a subscription for evening performances it never worked out for me because I often found myself falling asleep. The main reason for this is because I usually am in bed around 9pm and evening performances last until 10pm. So thus I was up beyond my usual bedtime.

The reason why I switched my usual matinee subscription tickets for evening tickets was because I did not want to miss the last Yoga Drawing Class. I felt that seeing one peformance at night would not be so bad. This of course was foolish on my part as I was yet again fighting to stay awake. What I saw of the play was pretty good. It had a fast manic comedic pace. The singing and dancing were top notch. I also liked that it had a multi-racial cast. It was like every colour of the human rainbow was represented on stage. I only wish that I was not coming back from a yoga class when I saw it.

WALKING STATS

STEPS....7090
MILES....1.56
CALORIES BURNED....243


link | posted by gail at 8:18 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com