IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Thursday, December 07, 2006

It looks like I will be buying cards and holiday candy for almost all of my 60something coworkers. At least those whose names were included on a list I got from my Supervisor earlier this month. She gave me the list after I inquired if it was possible to have a list of everyone who works in the department. I am not sure if the list she gave me includes absolutely everyone in our department. There are these people that work in the back of the room sorting, signing, and folding things. I am not sure if they are part of our department or not? For all I know they could be temps. I do not have anything against temps. I used to be a temp. Also last year I gave cards and candy to all the temps we had in our department.

I especially would not want to leave out that guy that always uses the printer near my cubicle and seems to really like the Baltimore Ravens a lot. Even though I do not know his name I would feel as though I would be slighting him if I did not include him. This feeling of a possible slight is based soley on the fact that I see him everyday. Then again maybe his name is on the list and I am not possibly slighting anyone.

I know, I know.... I can not be expected to give cards to every single person that I see at work. I know, no one is going to go postal because I did not give them a Christmas card. I know my Christmas cards will not save the world, stop global warming, or end the war on Iraq. The only thing is I do not want anyone to feel slighted.

My change of heart about buying cards for everyone at work occurred this evening when I found two very expensive boxes of Christmas cards on sale at Rite Aid. These cards were fancy looking with glitter and gold gilding. I just could not believe how much they were reduced in price. Not to mention that the two boxes were enough to cover 60 people. This made me realise that everything goes on sale around the holidays! Which means that buying cards and candy for 60 people would not be such a hard feat. Its not like I have to spend money on gas or child care. The world is on sale during the holidays!

So there you have it. This Christmas, cards and candy for everyone-!! ......or almost everyone...... Im still not sure how inclusive the list my supervisor gave me is.

WALKING STATS

STEPS....8195
MILES....1.81
CALORIES BURNED....297


link | posted by gail at 10:10 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com