IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

This morning I was on time for work! After work I went over to the Creative Alliance for there monthly art critiques. At first I did not really want to go then as I was leaving the light rail train about to change my mind I saw this man get off the train with two paintings of the Inner Harbour. The paintings were obviously originals that either he had painted or knew who painted them. They were done on plywood or some other wooden material. Seeing this encouraged me to head over to the Creative Alliance.

This is the second or third art critique that I have attended this year. Unfortunatley, I did not bring any work to show. Oh, well maybe next time. Also George was not there. On the two other occasions I was there, George was there as well. George is this senior citizen that does incredible art. Despite his absence I have to say that people bought in a lot of really neat artwork tonight.

This biker guy bought in these beautiful abstracts that he did in crayon. The colours were amazing. They reminded me of jewels.

Also this woman bought in these sculpture she did. The sculptures were of cloth and wire. She had an amazing technique. She said that she soaked the cloth with lemon juice then fired it in a trash can. By doing this she got lots of interesting random forms that were shaped by fire.

There was also a woman there who did photography. She bought in these black and white photographs that she took of suburbia at night. The lighting in the photos was stark, almost clinical. It made suburbia look scary.

Oh, another interesting thing seen tonight were these paintings that were done in beeswax. I never knew that you could paint with beeswax! The look of the paintings reminded me of marble.

Overall, I enjoyed myself greatly. However, I was saddended that George was not there. I don not know maybe next time I will bring in some work to show. Hmmm, I wonder how long I can get away with attending art critiques without showing any of my work?

WHAT I AM WEARING:
Today, I have on an ecru turtleneck that has a design of tiny red patches on it, blue jeans, and New Balance 653 shoes.

WALKING LOG:

STEPS....11486
MILES....2.53
CALORIES BURNED....408


link | posted by gail at 10:41 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com