IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Saturday, December 02, 2006


yogagirl, originally uploaded by willisgirl.

Today, for the first time ever I attended a yoga class. Im not sure if it can be considered a real yoga class because it was a yoga drawing class. My main experience with yoga is through DVD’s, primarily, various 20 minute Yoga Zone dvds. Gosh, I own probably about 20 of them along with various other yoga dvds. So when I saw that a yoga drawing class was being offered at the Creative Alliance I said, Eureka! Sign Me Up! ......Also it did not hurt that the class would only be for three Saturdays. So if yoga drawing did not work out for me it would not be too much of a financial lost.

Sadly, I was late for the first class due to a bizarre mix up on my part. You see the majority of the times that I have been over to the Patterson was at night. So getting over there in the daylight felt odd to me. I did not have my usual visual markers to alert me as to where I was. I ended up getting off the bus on Conkling Street and walking down the block until I saw the big Patterson movie theatre sign that houses the Creative Alliance.

Despite this, the first class went great. The moves were not too hard to follow. Also, I liked the fact that the class was small. There were just two other women in the class. They were two older women whom it appears also attend the morning drawing class that the Creative Alliance holds on Saturday. I also learned that I was the only one who had paid for the class before Friday. The two older women had signed up at the last minute.

The teacher was also great. She appeared to be about 30something and seemed to know what she was doing. I believe she said that she graduated from MICA in 1988 and also one of the students in the class is also a MICA alumni. So it appears that I am surrounded by a couple of folks that have an actual art education. Overall, I really enjoyed the non judgemental laid back atmosphere of the class.

WALKING LOG:

STEPS....5170
MILES....1.14
CALORIES BURNED....173


link | posted by gail at 7:23 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com