IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Thursday, December 21, 2006


yulelog, originally uploaded by willisgirl.

Today, I had the day off. I usually take the first day of winter off so that I can celebrate Yule. As per usual I went to the Winter Solstice Ritual that they do every year at the Church I attend.

Ever since last year I have gotten over the groundhog dayness to the service. Every year its the same format, the same songs, and the same people leading the service. I now feel comforted by it. I even looked forward to seeing the same group of kids doing a pantomime honouring the sun deities in the story of Amaterasu, the Japanese sun goddess. I also looked forward to singing O Solstice Tree and of course saying Blessed Be in public.

The only big difference with this years service was that there were so many people in attendance that the piano player ran out of Joy To The World as we were gathered in a line to receive cookies and wassail. In all the years that I have attended our Winter Solstice Ritual this has never happened. Joy To The World is usually still playing as we make it back to our seats to eat the treats. Also I noticed that they added some Christian elements to the service, the choir sang, Song of Peace: Dona Nobis Pacem.

The only weird thing that happened during the service was as I neared the front of the church to receive my cookies and wassail the guy who had the tray of wassail jumped in front of the guy who had the plate of cookies. This made me feel very nervous. I do not know why he did that? Was he doing this to get my attention? All I knew at that point was that I was afraid to pick up the wassail before I got the cookies. What if I picked up the wassail first and then I could not go back to get my cookie? I was paralysed with fear. I was on the verge of a panic attack. Why did he have to jump out of line towards me? In the end I slowly picked up the cookie then the wassail. I was shaking with fear. I hate it when things jump out of order. After that episode I was shaking until I sat back down at my seat. I calmed myself down by slowly taking a bite of the cookie then a slow sip of the wassail. I have never felt this panic stricken in church before.

WALKING STATS

STEPS....7353
MILES....1.62
CALORIES BURNED....250


link | posted by gail at 8:18 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com