IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Friday, February 08, 2008

GAIL’s FRIDAY MUSIC VIDEO

AGAINST ME! playing THRASH UNREAL

My new Friday Music Video of the week is Thrash Unreal by Against Me! The song comes straight off of my my iPod/iTunes Playlist. The song Thrash Unreal is by a punk rock group based in Florida called Against Me! Gotta love a band that has an exclamation point in their name! I first heard this on WTMD’s Friday night music show in December. The song rocks! I love it. I have been playing it non stop at work. It really pumps me up.

MORNING COMMUTE:
This morning I am running late.

DISTANT COUSIN?
Yesterday, I was reading a magazine article in Glamour Magazine and noticed that one of the contributors to the article was a woman I went to high school with, April Garrett. So I got home and googled her name and found that she owned a company and on the board of directors was a man named Andre C. Willis. He reminded me of my late Uncle Randolph. This of course made me raise an eyebrow. Could he be one of my New York cousins? I tried as hard as I could but could find not find any information about where he was originally from. I could only find listings of the schools he taught at. Interesting enough I found that his wife was also on the board. She has her own website on which there is a photo gallery. I gasped as I looked at pictures of her. She looks a little like one of my cousins. She states that she is lifelong New Yorker. Could it possibly be that they are distant cousins who have unwittingly married each other or am I seeing things in nothing at all. My great great grandmother Delia Willis had 9 children. Im sure that over the years the descendents of those family have most likely lost touch with who is who. Then again for all I know I might not even be related to Andre C. Willis. Also women tend to change there last names when they marry. I remember running into a fellow Willis online and she emailed me a photo of herself and I was struck how she seemed to resemble another family member. This makes me wonder if you gather up all members of a family will there be a similar look or thread that runs through it. Would we have similar medical histories, looks, etc. Are there professions we seem to gravitate towards? Also would it be feasible to try to piece all the nine families back together?.

VISITING DAD
Yesterday, I visted my father at the rehab center/nursing home. He seemed OK when I saw him. When I walked in he was eating a beef dinner with mashed potatos and gravy. He had on a black knit cap which is the sign that he had been given a bad haircut. It was nice that they gave him a shave and cut his hair. He looked pretty decent. I hated what they had on him. It seemed to big. It was a short sleeve grey t-shirt and grey sweat pants. He seems so thin and malnourished. I hope that he picks up more weight. He said that the move was unexpected. They moved him yesterday. He has a room mate who seems to have alzheimers. His relatives seemed to be angry at him and bossing him around. I could not tell what relation the two women were to him. I did not like that there was no privacy and you had to share a visit with another family in the room. Darlene wants to move him into a better facility. Im not that up on what is a good or bad facility as I have never visited a rehab center/nursing home before. The place did seem a little desperate looking. I hope that he does well. They said that they expect for him to stay there for three weeks. As Ive written before he has told me that he is not against staying in a nursing home the only issue is that he want to able to keep some of his money. Hes not up on signing all his money over to them. He wants to keep a little something for himself.

WHAT IM WEARING:
Today, I have on blue jeans, Reebok Walk Steady shoes, and a black v-neck sweater that has a white t-shirt peaking through.

WALKING LOG
STEPS....9631
MILES....3.64
CALORIES BURNED....421


link | posted by gail at 11:12 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com