IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Wednesday, May 23, 2001

Oh, it’s rain again. Will my heart ever mind?

You guessed it folks. It rained again today in old Baltimore. Did you guys know that during the early nineties I wanted to move to Seattle, the then epicenter of cool? This week in Charm City has been like a virtual Seattle. So in honor of that rainy Seattle vibe I’ll play my classic old grunge tapes. That’s right a week of Pearl Jam, Nirvana, and the Singles soundtrack.

I feel that my best bet is to be persistent as an artist. I strongly feel that that if you want to be successful in this field you have to be ruthless and vigilant about working your craft. I don’t know maybe that sounds a bit as though I’m trying to take over the art world from my tiny Baltimore apartment. However, from what I see of people who are successful that appears to be the truth. Successful people did’nt get that way overnight they had to work for it. Those who never worked it are quickly forgotten their 15 minutes of fame washed away.

My overall goal is to be a multi-media whore. I want my artwork to appear everywhere in magazines, childrens books, movies, tv shows, music videos, Broadway plays, and on the internet. I want it to be virtualy impossible to escape my artistic vision..... Gee, it does sound as though I’m trying to take over the artworld from my tiny Baltimore apartment. Well, I can dream can’t I. Besides, a girl’s gotta have her goals. :)

As far as my painting goes I did work on 4 out of the 9 paintings. It starting to look as though I’ll definetely be putting up 6 pieces for sale on Friday or Saturday. The other 3 paintings I will continue to work on. However, it’s kind of iffy if they’ll be completed by the end of the week. Since today was Tuesday which is Buffy day in my house instead of painting while listening to my cd’s I had the tv on. That’s right I painted while watching/listening to the season finales to Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel the Series. In case your wondering this is not too much of a big deal I always have the telly on when Buffy’s on tv.

Oh, I almost forgot someone gave me the advice that it would be a good idea to hire a publicist to further my career. Which is all well and good but how do you find a publicist? Do I have to pay them out of my own pocket? My head is filled with questions. I’ll try and find out more information about publicists this week if I have time.


link | posted by gail at 12:45 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com