IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, June 13, 2004

Wednesday, June 9, 2004

I woke up on time however, I fell back asleep. I was almost late this morning. I ended up flagging down a cab on Baltimore Street. I got that very talkative elderly cab driver that I get from time to time. The first thing he asked me when I got in his cab was what perfume I was wearing? I told him Georgio. I like to wear Georgio but mostly on the weekends. On weekdays I like to wear Sweet Honesty which I buy from Avon. However, I’m starting to run out of it so I have to conserve it. Then the next thing you know he’s telling me about how he used to buy his wife perfume when he was in the service. He told me his wife loved to wear perfume. He also told me he was in the service for 25 years. He was married for 40 years. They were married while still in high school. They were married between there sophomore and junior years. He didn’t get around to telling me how many children and grandchildren he had.

After he dropped me off at the Cultural Center of the light rail train was about to pull up. Right now it looks like I will be on time today. I wonder how long I can keep up being punctual?

Yesterday, I went over my father’s house to drop off my nephew’s birthday present. He told me over the phone to leave the money with his sister, Alexis. When I got there his other sister, Arlesia was there. He said it was OK to leave it with her. It turns out his school is going on a trip to Six Flags on Monday, June 21st. The money has to be in by this Wednesday. Also he wanted someone to go with him on the trip. Arlesia said it was because he wanted to spend someone else’s money other than his own. I was surprised that he suggested that I come along. As luck would have it I’m off on the 21st. It is the first day of summer after all. However, I do not have enough money to go on the trip. Also I don’t have the resolve to spend god knows how lng on a bus filled with middle school students.

When I arrived over my father’s house I also learned that my father had not received his social security check for this month. He feels that the reason for this is because his post office box expired last month and he had to get it renewed a couple of weeks ago. He told me that usually when the box is about to expire they give him a notice. This time they did not give him a notice. Eventually we called up the SSA and everything got straightened out. He should receive a check in 5-7 days.

When I was ready to leave I was surprised that Arlesia said she would drive me home. It was like a prayer being answered. As I’ve written previously my right leg still gives me trouble from time to time. I have no trouble walking down the hill towards my father’s house, the pain starts on the way up the hill away from the house. It’s almost like walking a steep incline. This god send turned into something else altogether. Arlesia took her own sweet time. Before I knew it, it was 8:30 so I decided that maybe it was best that I walked up the hill. My leg of course began to ache as it usually does. But she was taking too long and I wanted to do some grocery shopping. I got home at around 9:30, it was a little too late to get anything done. Maybe I shouldn’t have been so impatient. But for goodness sake I was waiting for nearly three hours to go home.

In closing I still have no groceries for the week. I do not know if I made incentive at work last week or not. I made incentive last week. I always feel uncomfortable when I make incentive. I feel like it’s a mistake and it will be taken away from me because maybe it was made in error.

One odd occurrence last week was when Richard looked at my Lord of the Rings calendar pointed and said, “Hey, that’s Aragorn, isn’t it?” I nodded my head and said, “Yes.” I was surprised he said Aragorn and not something like, “Hey, that’s from Lord of the Rings, isn’t it?” My goodness he’s seen Lord of the Rings. I thought I was the only one who worked there who saw the movie.


link | posted by gail at 5:57 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com