IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Thursday, July 15, 2004

Monday, June 28, 2004

Yesterday, was another unusually busy Sunday for me. I went to Michaels craft store and to the movies. The light rail train on the way over to the Lutherville stop where Michaels is located kept breaking down. So I got there later than expected. I picked up a red mat board exited the store and didn’t look back. Usually, when I go to stores I linger like my mother used to do. She would linger in stores and look over almost every item in them. I find myself doing this as well when I got to stores. However, today was different I wanted to get to the Charles to see Fahrenheit 9/11.

When I headed back to the light rail station it was packed with people waiting for the downtown train to the Orioles game. There were so may people standing around that it made me scared. So, I decided to take the bus downtown instead of the train. I knew it would take longer, but I couldn’t stand the potential claustrophobia of a crowded train. The bus made it down to North Avenue at 1:00pm. The connecting 13 bus which runs up and down North Avenue arrived at 1:15pm. I made it to the Charles at around 1:20pm. As I walked down the street towards the theater I thought I saw a crowd of people in a line. As I got closer it turned out to be a lot of people sitting down in chairs. It seems that they have opened up yet another cafe next to the theater.

I was surprised to find it was fairly easy to get a ticket to see the movie. I guess the reason for this was that it wasn’t an evening show. While in the theater I debated with myself as to whether or not I should buy snacks. This was a documentary and not the usual summer flick. Would buying popcorn ruin the dignity of watching a documentary? In the end I compromised. I bought a medium Coke but no popcorn.

When I got in the theater it was absolutely packed. The only seats that were available were in the first two rows. I sat in the second row for a little bit. Then I got quiet annoyed when people from the row behind me kept brushing against my head to pass by. I quickly sat up front next to this senior citizen. No head brushing occured.

I have to say the movie was excellent. At the end everyone applauded. Michael Moore showed succinctly why the war against Iraq is an unjust war. Michael Moore is a true patriot. God bless Michael Moore!

When I got out the movie theater there was this man wearing a Bush mask handing out fliers. I don’t know what they were about. I was afraid and avoided him. As you can probably see this was a very political weekend for me. Yesterday, I gave money to John Kerry’s campaign, the DNC, and now I’ve just seen Fahrenheit 9/11. There’s little doubt as to who I will be voting for in the upcoming Presidential election.

Interesting Coincidence: When I got to the bus stop there was this older woman and her husband there. I had previously saw them in the theater. She was wearing a very distinct yellow African dress and he was wearing the usual brown senior citizen almost 70’s looking outfit. Also at the bus stop was this woman who was wearing dread locks that were pink tipped. She had a lot of piercings. The woman in the yellow African dress suddenly took out a granny square and was working on it. Then the pink dread locked woman exclaimed, “Oh My god, I thought I was the only one who still crocheted!” This was bizarre because I crochet myself. So gathered on this bus stop on a sunny Sunday afternoon were three black women with dread locks who crocheted. The black punk rock girl, the granny and me, all crocheters! I noticed that the woman’s husband remained silent as the two women compared crocheting notes, best places to buy yarn, patterns, etc.. The yellow dress woman said that she liked to get her supplies from Michaels. Michaels! Why, I just back from there! I also buy supplies from there too. I’m currently working on another afghan. I’m averaging about one afghan a year. I usually finish them up around August.

Well, that’s all I got.... I hope to let you know how it went when I drop off my work for Artscape today after work.


link | posted by gail at 9:10 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com