IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, June 27, 2004

Sunday, June 20, 2004

The above is my favorite picture that I took from last month’s Sowebo Festival. I found the giant sea horse hanging from the houses an enchanting site to behold. I was simply mesmerized by it.


I got a phone call a little after three from someone called Marc Braun from the Carriage House it turns out that one of the paintings I had displayed there sold on the day of the Festival. Wow!! I still can’t believe it someone was waking around with forty bucks in hand and said they’d like to buy the Elvis Bar. I promptly went over there to drop off the painting and collect my cash.

When I went up to the Carriage House the doors were open music was playing and there were people inside. I assume they were artists or something. I went up to the first person I saw and told him I was there to drop off my artwork and that I spoke to Marc on the phone. He told me his name was Larry then he pointed out the other people around and introduced them but they all seemed busy with other things. Larry seemed confused then he told me that Marc was up the street hanging up the posters for the auction. Then he called up Marc on the cell phone who told him that he was up the street hanging pictures for the auction. Then he handed me the phone and Marc told me that he was up the street hanging pictures for the auction.

I went up the street since Marc was there hanging up pictures for the auction. I was hoping to collect my money for the painting. Then when I got to Corradetti’s Glass Gallery I realized that I haven’t the foggiest idea what Mark looks like. I stayed awhile hoping that I would run into Marc or who hear someone saying, “Hey, Marc.....” As you can probably tell that never happened. So I looked at the posters that were being hung up then people started to arrive. Then I noticed that time was starting to pass and I still didn’t have a Father’s Day card or groceries in my house. So I promptly went over to my least favorite supermarket in the entire known universe, Safeway. I always feel like I’m being monetarily raped when I shop there. Everything seems so overpriced there. There are only two good things about Safeway, they have there own line of veggie burgers and they sell there own line of kettle popcorn.

After I dropped off my groceries I decided to go back to the Corradetti’s. There was a substantial lot more people there this time. I stayed and watched the auction to the very end. I didn’t even flinch when my poster came up for sale. It sold for $25.

A funny moment for me personally was when Megan Hamilton upon introducing my poster said I was a fashion designer. That made me bust out laughing uncontrollably in my Payless sneakers, and K-Mart clothes. Scotty quickly corrected her. I’m happy that she doesn’t know who I am. Heck, I don’t even know who I am. A few things I can say is that I’ve been a member of the Creative Alliance for god knows how many years. I’ve displayed at Artscape and I’ll also be doing it again this year.

At the auction I was sitting next to the guy who did the Cicada eater poster. She said he was an Outsider Artist with the American Visionary Art Museum. Did she know that beforehand or did he have to tell her? Anyway I figure the less they know about me the better. I feel this is good because it allows me to be fluid to live without bounds. I can create what I want and not have to stay within a specific areas.


link | posted by gail at 1:03 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com