IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Thursday, June 17, 2004

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

The bus and light rail were both on time today. Since they were on time I was on time for work.

Yesterday, I went to one of my least favorite malls, the Towson Town Center. It is an upscale mall for the well off not neer do wells like myself. Let’s face it, the main reason I don’t like this mall is because everything in it is so over priced. I have a family reputation for being a bit of a cheapskate. I don’t want to ruin my good name by shopping in a place like that. Almost everything I own and wear comes from Walmart or a store ending in mart, eg C-Mart, K-Mart. I can’t even bring myself to shop at Target. It’s too upscale for me.

I went to the Towson Town Center solely to escape the heat and the bus I was on. I could have stayed on the bus longer but it was not air conditioned. The bus was getting crowded, hot, and funky with each passing bus stop. I couldn’t take it anymore, I wanted off.

When I walked through the cool air conditioned mall I found myself at the food court. I ended up buying a pizza from the Villa Pizza shop. The foreigner taking my order got my order wrong. I wanted two slices but he only gave me one. Also he didn’t bother to warm the pizza up in the oven like they usually do at other mall pizza places. I’m not a very argumentive person. I took what he gave me and left. The pizza tasted ok, however it wasn’t hot.

Next I visited The Apple Store. The last time I went there was last summer to upgrade the memory on my iMac. Everything in the store looks linear and clear. The computers they have out now don’t look as groovy as my green iMac. I wish they would make more colorful computers like they did back in the day. However, I would like to get an iPod or a mini iPod. I have just enough money saved up to get one if I wanted to.

The last place I visited was David and David’s. I bought some licorice there because it has low points and is low in calories. The main reason I went to that particular store is that I get a catalog from them every year around Christmas. The candy I bought from them like everything else in this mall was grossly over priced.

Also today I will be heading off to the Creative Alliance after work to pick up my artwork. They are supposed to be having some type of an event there this evening up until 8 PM. So instead of taking the bus home from work I will have to take the light rail. I hate taking the light rail home from work. It seems as though people are extra loud when they take it in the evening. I suppose it’s the combination of a work days ending and being with your co-workers. The racket is sometimes so loud that I can not concentrate enough to read my book. The book I’m currently reading is Marcus Majors’, Good Peoples.

Ever since I’ve worked over time last Saturday I feel as though I’m living in one of Dante’s levels of hell. This is like the never ending work week. I can’t wait for Friday to get here. But then I realize that I have to go to the symphony that night. One more commitment to get through.....

Interesting occurrence: Yesterday I saw Arthur on the bus after I got home from the mall. I didn’t get around to asking him if he finally retired from his job or was working another schedule. Anyway, it was nice to see the old guy again. ............ At work we are completely out of all the caffeine rich sodas that I love so much. I'll have to make do with Doctor Pepper. It has caffeine in it but not as much as my much beloved Mountain Dew.


link | posted by gail at 11:32 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com