IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, June 13, 2004

Friday, June 11, 2004

My goodness they’re playing my man, Dean Martin on 98 Rock! It turns out that Kirk bought the Dean Martin compilation cd. This makes me happy because that means I’m not the only black person that owns a Dean Martin cd. It turns out that the cd has made it into the top 30. I think I may pick it up. As I’ve written before I love Dean Martin. Heck, I love the whole allure of Las Vegas in the 50’s and 60’s and the Rat Pack.


Also, favorite radio station WTMD didn’t come on air until 6AM. It turns out they were having some type of trouble with there transmitter. At first I thought they gave morning man Stephen the day off for Reagan’s funeral. As you might have guessed I still have to go into work. I think I should seriously look into getting a federal or state job so that I can get more days off.

I’m deeply saddened by the death of Ray Charles. I own two Ray Charles Greatest Hits cd’s. He was the original blind singing man, that is if you don’t count blues legend Blind Lemon Johnson. There are so many Ray Charles songs that are among my favorites. I’d have to say that my all time favorite is, ‘Georgia on My Mind’. I know it’s a predictable choice but it’s a classic.

I just noticed yesterday that I haven’t seen Keisha for well over a week at work. I wonder if she quit or was fired. Her desk is completely cleaned off. There’s not a trace of the photos that were once on it. Also Jai Li has not come either she’s really sick or she quit as well. I’ve noticed that her things are still on her desk so I take it that some day she will return.

I was feeling rather shaky last night so I did a meditation tape to calm my nerves. I hate when people leave. It’s like they never existed. One day they’re here the next there desk is cleared off without explanation at least to me as to whether they jumped or were pushed.

I still wonder if Margaret quit or was fired. The last time I can recall seeing her was sometime around the Thanksgiving holidays. I just looked over to her desk one day and noticed that it was cleared off not a trace of the big silver framed photo of her grandson.

No one ever tells anyone anything where I work. It’s almost like a taboo. I even remember in desperation asking Arnold what happened he of course did not know.

So now I’m deeply worried is this the start of mass firings or did they leave willingly? Keisha was a very good worker. She did have a tendency to come in late every now and then. I wonder if that was the reason? I don’t know all I know is that I feel more nervous than usual. How come know one ever says anything around here? No explanations what so ever. To quote Heather in The Blair Witch Project, “I’m so scared!”





link | posted by gail at 7:02 PM |


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 10:49 AM~  

Excellent, that was really well explained and helpful

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com