IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, June 13, 2004

Thursday, June 10, 2004

I hope that I will have the opportunity to do the new work again today. I have’nt seen Li Jai in a week. I’ve been doing the work since Tuesday. Li Jai must be very sick. She never calls out. I hae to admit that doing this work is like a respite from the regular work. Speaking of which, we are a bit backed up. So backed up in fact that overtime was offered for Saturday. I of course volunteered for the over time. It’s only 7 to 12pm. I wonder if they will be offering lunch.

In previous years when they’ve had Saturday overtime they would feed us. In the past we’ve had KFC, generic boxed lunches, cold cuts, or pizza. However, lately when we have overtime on Saturday they just buy donuts for us. They are usually Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Donuts. I suppose it’s not worth going the extra mile to bribe people with elaborate free food any more.

I finally did my grocery shopping yesterday. I went to my new favorite supermarket, Food Lion. Food Lion has supplanted my old favorite Metro which changed its name to Shoppers Food Warehouse. I believe before they changed there name they used to be called Basics, which was a store that my brother loved to shop at back in the day.

Yesterday, there was a heat advisory out. So I spent my after work time at the main library. I picked up five books on tape to read at work. I have The Mists of Avalon, Casting the First Stone, Emperor of Ocean Park (I never started reading it from the first time), an Elizabeth Berg Book called True to Form, and The Clock Winder by Anne Tyler.

Unusual ocurrances, I had a very hard time falling asleep last night because of the heat. My bus was five minutes early this morning. This was very unusual. Also on the way home there was an extremely good looking tall shirtless man who walked by the bus stop. He looked as though he might have been a professional trainer, male stripper, or something. He looked very good shirtless. In my opinion it’s rare to see a guy shirtless who is actually in good shape. It’s mostly guys who are in lousy shape. You know people who can actually make you go blind just by looking at them. This man was like an actual Adonis. He looked as though he worked out 5 times a day. He looked good and he knew he looked good. The bus stop broke into uproarous giggles after he passed out of sight. It was clearly giggles of acknowledgement that we were all checking him out. I had never seen someone so perfect so barely dressed walking down the street before. The one man on the bus stop had a disgusted look on his face. As though he were thinking, ”Jeezus Christ, women get a hold of yourselves!”, or maybe. “What does he got that I haven’t got?”


link | posted by gail at 6:55 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com